The Crumpet family's journey to Mortgage Freedom:-)

Comments

• Crumpets
    Crumpets Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Did you win the mums race Crumpets? :T

I've been pondering a swing for my two, can I ask why it didn't work out for you? Well done on another OP - you're putting me to shame with my £0 OP month ;)

Sadly not, it was a skipping race, and I did it in bare feet and the rope kept getting tangled in my toes:rotfl: I'll need to remember my trainers for next year!

Re the swing; it was an old single metal one that we were given and it kept sinking into the grass, also with only one swing and three children it caused a lot of arguments. I'd like to replace it with a larger wooden climbing frame/swing combo that will be suitable for them all to play on. We're going to move our chickens to the very bottom of the garden and re-turf the area which will make room for the new play equipment and give the kids a lot more space to play on. We'll probably get the climbing frame as a joint Christmas present for them all.:)
    Mortgage March 2011 £143,927.6
    Mortgage Feb 2019 £78,323.18
  • Crumpets
    It's another lovely day here, I really hope the good weather stays for the summer holidays, it's so much easier to keep the kids entertained in the sun. This morning I took the little ones down to the river and we fed the ducks and they had a wonderful play in the sand pit, it was almost like being on holiday :D I've been inspired and I've decided we're going to take a picnic to the river this evening for our dinner, and take the bats and balls etc for a play, hopefully it will be a lovely free day!

The weekend was a bit more spendy than I would have liked, I managed to spend £50 of the entertainment budget:eek: mainly on a school fundraiser and a village fete - money just seems to pour through my hands at these events and I don't realise as its a £ here and a £ there. Oh well that's what we have the entertainment budget for. There is always something going on where we live, next weekend it's the river festival which is good fun.

I listed a few things on eBay last night, I haven't done any eBaying for ages. Fingers crossed they sell, I want to book us a camping trip soon. I really, really want a camper van, I keep looking at them online, dh is yet to be convinced though:(

Crumpets x
  • Crumpets
    Aargh spoke to soon...it's raining! :eek::mad:
  • Crumpets
    I've just made another small op of £7 after counting up all the change in my tin...they all add up, I'm determined to get under £112k this month :T
  • Crumpets
    Not such a frugal day today as I went out for a lovely lunch with some mums from school to the local fancy resteraunt - £23 for two courses and a drink, it was lovely though :p

I also ordered this lovely bench for my new porch http://www.red-cottage.co.uk/data/storage/attachments/de3189092e74d870be2ce46a517292f9.jpg :o I can't wait to get it finished, tomorrow we will have render and skirting board, and I'm hoping to get a coat of paint on tonight once dh gets home (if it's not too late ) all that's left to do then is lay the floor and get the lights sorted and we'll be done :T unfortunately we'll have to pay for it then though ;)

Dh thinks he has picked up a new job at work today which is great news, we'll have to see how fruitful it is. :T Ds was supposed to be getting his hair cut tomorrow but his appointment has been posponed, phew! It's not a pleasant task and it means I get to keep hold of my money for a bit longer :rotfl: tomorrow I will be going to the last play group of the year followed by a trip to my friends. I'll need to get a few things to take round for lunch, I might pop to L!dl in the morning for a change.

Crumpets x
  • Beckyy
    Beckyy Posts: 2,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    What a lovely bench! I wish I had the eye for picking our furniture etc. I'm quite useless at it!

And not a bad price for a fancy lunch at all :beer:
  • Bench is lovely Crumpets. I have an Argos £9.99 shoe rack in mine ;)

Hope the work comes off for DH & your picnics sound lovely. Might take my two for one tomorrow as DS' school is on strike.

Good luck for eBay! I've gone quiet on it too, need to get re-motivated :D

I realised at the end of Playgroup today that the vacuum they use is a Henry - I told them about your DH treating it as a family pet & they fell about laughing :rotfl:
    Life is changing...but I'm still Money Saving!
  • Crumpets
    Bench is lovely Crumpets. I have an Argos £9.99 shoe rack in mine ;)

Hope the work comes off for DH & your picnics sound lovely. Might take my two for one tomorrow as DS' school is on strike.

:

I'm sure your shoe rack is lovely RT:p I'm surprised your ds' school is on strike! I didn't even know one was going on, is it just a local thing? I hope the weather is nice for your picnic

Hi Beckyy, I'm not normally very good at picking things either, I usually steal my ideas off other people:o eg I saw a decorative globe in my friends house today and thought it would look very nice in my living room, so I went and brought one:o

I have just made another OP of £43.97 consisting of £26 for scrapping metal and £17.97 that I just spent in nectar points in homeb@se (on said globe!) :D I really am on a mission this month. I've just noticed I have another £10 TCB waiting to be claimed so I will probably change that into amazon vouchers and OP the equivalent amount from the Christmas fund:T

My day out with my mum tomorrow has been cancelled so I'm hoping for a nsd, I'm going to get on with decorating the porch now that I have paint. Hopefully dh will then be able to lay the floor tiles over the weekend.

If anyone likes to print photos from their phone I've just downloaded an app called 'free prints' and you can get 50 free prints a month (6x4) you just need to pay postage. If anyone does get it, then pm for a referral code and I'll get bonus prints free. I ordered my first lot yesterday so I can't comment on the quality but the friend that told me about it has been very happy with them.

Crumpets x
  • Crumpets
    I've just been watching some adpoints as I spent all my nectar points the other day - what a mind numbing experience it is! oh well it's a good way of boosting my balance so I'll carry on. It's just unfortunate that my ancient ipad can't handle the software any more so I can't watch them in front of the tv :p

Yesterday in an attempt to be an organise mum I ordered a family organiser and diary so that I don't forget things to do with school and I also ordered name labels for all the children's uniform, I got stick on ones that were slightly more expensive but I'm not ironing or sewing them on - I'm far too busy for that :D I'm determined to get organised, As dd1 will have to get the bus in September she'll be leaving the house an hour earlier :eek: there will be no time to lose in the mornings!

Today ds finally had his hair cut, he has a bit of a surfer look going on and I like it long on him but people kept mistaking him for a girl so it was time for a cut. he normally cries and screams but he was really good today. It costs £9.50 for his cut though, I remember when dd1 was little, I used to take her to a hairdresser that charged the same amount as the child's age!

This evening we have dd2's sports day and family bbq so will need some money for that, I'd forgotten about it so we have a meal to carry over to next week. At least there is no cooking to do. I'm having left over kedgeree for lunch too, it was the first time we'd cooked it and I wasn't overly impressed. it was a bit bland so if I we do it again will add more spices.

Lots of running about and ferrying children to be done this afternoon, I'll be glad when they have broken up - 1 week to go :T

Crumpets x
  • Crumpets
    We had a lovely sports evening and BBQ at dd2's pre school and she actually won a race! :T she's not a natural sportsman so she was really pleased with herself :D we ended up buying some of the leftover booze so we spent a bit more than we anticipated but that will come out of the grocery fund, and it will last us for ages. We also got a few freebies to bring home too :D

Talking of freebies, my neighbour popped round this morning to tell me that someone had deposited a small conifer, roots and all on dh's car :rotfl: so I might as well plant it, I have no idea where it might have come from:cool:

This morning I have done some painting in the porch, it should just take one more coat, then I'll have to do the woodwork. The outside is also finished so we'll need to paint that too. That will be a job for next weekend if the weather is nice. I really can't wait for all these projects to be finished :j

It's a beautiful day today so this afternoon we are going to the river festival and we'll take a picnic for our dinner. Hopefully we can let the kids run around until bed time, then come home for a peaceful evening :T

Crumpets x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills