And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    I too wondered at the dusting noodle...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

G00gled it & up came a raft of cheery colours so I do understand how PP thought of you!

PP - I hate dusting but now covet one of those noodles!:D

Get down to £land and treat yourself RT :rotfl:
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • pinkypig
    It's so cold:eek: we've had the odd sunny spell but it's really chilly. I had to put the heating back on for a couple of hours. Hope it starts to warm up a bit soon.

I've managed to get a few things done today but I spent a chunk of the day watching ds play cricket which was nice, if b****y freezing!
    I got a few things knocked of my list:)

Did 30 mins weights

Made sc veg and lentil casserole which is portioned up and in the freezer

Made roast dinner

Made flat breads and naan bread for the freezer

Cleaned and hoovered the inside of the car but didn't get it washed

Packed away winter clothes and weeded out some things for eBay

Unpacked summer clothes and weeded out some things for ebay. Loads of ironing to do now :(

Relisted unsold eBay items but no new items done

Had a nsd

Can't believe the weekend is over :( At least next weekend is a long one :j

Happy Sunday :)

PP xx
  • pinkypig
    Busy_Mee1 wrote: »
    :hello: Morning Pinky

I am in awe of your MSE ways, having just tracked my spends for a month a spent 3 times what you spent on clothing and other personal spends, I definitely need to take a leaf out of your book. The amount of stuff you got for £87 is incredible :T

Sorry Busy - I'd missed this :o. Thank you, I feel less guilty now:rotfl: eBay is great if you want something specific and can bide your time and I do have an excellent charity warehouse nearby which does clothing at £2 an item and occasionally you hit on a few gems.

I must be disciplined now though as I need nothing and having packed and unpacked winter/summer stuff I really do have too many clothes despite whittling it down and as for shoes:o:o

Hope you've had a lovely weekend xx
  • pinkypig
    Evening :wave:

Deary me, Mondays aren't easy! Just the usual stuff with a few bits of extra drama but it proper zapped my energy:( So glad I'll only be juggling this stuff until I'm 55 and not 67:eek: Feeling this drained so early In the week (and the term:eek:) makes me so glad I have a masterplan. Freedom to choose can't come soon enough, in fact I've decided to up my pension contributions by at least £50 a month once I've had advice about where to put it from the ifa. Every bit helps :D

In money news I've had a nsd and am very excited about doing my totals tomorrow:D

Other mfw /well being successes included;

Drank enough water

Went for a run through the woods in the sunshine:)

Went for a walk and a chat with my favourite work buddy at lunchtime

Porridge for breakfast, lo for lunch and easy plated up roast dinner from yesterday for dinner

Happy kids:)

Off to bed very soon, I'm such a lightweight :o:o

Happy Monday :)

PP xx
  • Are you ok Pinky?
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,532 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Aye - almost a week without a post - hope all is well xxx
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • pinkypig
    Thank you both, so incredibly kind of you to notice my absence and take the time to post:A. Another example of how lovely and supportive our little mfw community is :)

I've had a tricky week and it's zapped my energy. It shouldn't be creeping into my new life and I've got to be much tougher if I'm not going to let it. With the support and guidance of the best type of friends I'm going to see it for what it is, a grim slice of the past that will not be part of my future. I love my new life and those who seek to drain my energy and sense of joy have no place in it! Onwards and upwards :D:D

In good news I've not been distracted or derailed to financially:p. I held off doing my food shop for a whole week so I'm now well under budget:j. Even holding off all that time this week's shop was £26.04 and the cupboards and the freezer stocks are being used up so it's win/win really :)

As May is a 5 week month my targets will be ;

Grocery £160
    Fuel £150
    Personal £58

I've done my April totals but need to give them a final check for accuracy but they are looking good :):)

The weekend has been lovely so far. Hm curry, a couple of glasses of wine and an evening of good, relaxed conversation and a few laughs last night and a long walk in the sunshine today. Tomorrow will be a bike ride and a picnic and Monday a mountain walk. Perfect:). Today was a nsd and I'm hoping for a ns weekend.

Feeling stronger, more positive and very grateful for the important people in my life and the perspective and support they bring when it's needed most.

Happy, sunny Saturday to you:):)
  • Happy sunny weekend pinky.
    It's hard when past stuff threatens to trip up present/future life but sounds like you dealt with it magnificently well done!! :) great to have good friends in times like that too.

Great news on financial plans and upping pension makes it satisfying when the craziness of the working week threatens us that we know we have a backup plan!

Enjoy your sunny Sunday
    Ella X
    MF planning for the simple life :beer::j
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi PP :) sorry to hear the past intervened in your life - but very glad you managed to cap it off, so to speak, and push it back a bit. And this is currently such a glorious bank holiday (I hope its not too hot for the walking that you do) - enjoy the rest of it :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • pinkypig
    Hi Ella and Karma :wave: and thank you. Yesterday's post sounded so whingey:o:o. Determined not to spend another moment dwelling on the bitterness of others, especially when they've brought on themselves:mad:
    You're so right that it's a lovely weekend to focus on the good stuff, of which there is plenty :). I got out for a run this morning and it was cool enough through the woods for it to be enjoyable:D. After my shower I touched up my greys with 1/2 a £land hair colour and for 50p and half an hour I look and feel like a new(ish) woman:rotfl:

We also had a lovely, long bike ride this afternoon (with a hm coffee and cake stop) which was just what I needed - fresh air, exercise, good company and beautiful countryside :). It was also another nsd:j

I'm having a bubble bath ease my very stiff a**e while an easy batch cooked dinner heats up which will be followed by a glass of wine and some tv time:). Everything for tomorrow's picnic is defrosting as we'll need an early start for tomorrow's big walk which will knock another peak off my bucket list:)

Happy sunny Sunday - isn't this weather just great? :):)

PP xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback