NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    gocat wrote: »
    Well shes phoned back early and offered me £10. I said escalate it to complaints.
    blimmin cheek.
    I got someone called Helen. Who have the others spoken too?

Input an online complaint yesterday 11:00

Got email confirmation 18:00

No call back yet, so decided to ring as other have had callbacks and reasonable compo :cool:

My complaint handler-Pauline-is busy:rotfl: so I've update my contact number to the work one.

Fingers crossed.

May be an idea to list who your callback is with (as suggested above-First name only) and what you are offered.

I know that in call centres, operatives are usually given a ££ amount they can offer customers without asking their supervisor.

This maybe why some are getting more than others.

Good luck.
  • I have also experienced no reward payout even though i have met the criteria. I am having to resort to raising a complaint which i haven't back from yet.
    I keep getting told please wait one more day, please wait one more day.
    I have had no communication from NatWest about any technical issue and you can't switch again because they don't have to payout if you don't have an account with them so you are basically stuck asking for the reward you are entitled too when you have met all conditions.
    Really frustrating because when we are late with payments there are charges and penalties and are soon on your case chasing.
    Where is the FCA on this? They can't just get away with this can they?
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I have had no communication from NatWest about any technical issue and you can't switch again because they don't have to payout if you don't have an account with them so you are basically stuck asking for the reward you are entitled too when you have met all conditions.
    What makes you think that? Have you read the offer terms and conditions?
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • bigst
    bigst Posts: 35 Forumite
    edited 17 April 2018 at 1:00PM
    Spoken to them this morning and there is now an OFFICIAL email been sent to all call centre staff this morning confirming all payments will be made by the 27th. He actually read it while on the phone to me.
    I have 5 Nationwide referrals available. If you want £100 for switching to Nationwide PM me:beer:
  • Still waiting myself here. Complaint raised yesterday at approx. 10am and awaiting acknowledgment and/or call.
  • older_wiser
    older_wiser Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Still waiting myself here. Complaint raised yesterday at approx. 10am and awaiting acknowledgment and/or call.

I did mine yesterday afternoon got the email confirmation of the complaint number around 6ish but no contact from natwest as yet.

If you haven't even got the email to confirm that your complaint has been registered i'd be on the phone to them. Don't waste yet more time hoping things things will rectify themselves as last week proved natwest don't keep customers in the loop for some reason.
  • blindman
    Still waiting myself here. Complaint raised yesterday at approx. 10am and awaiting acknowledgment and/or call.

As per my earlier post.

I did contact them today (don't normally) to update my phone details and my complaint handler did ring me back, about 1/2 hr ago.

Don't think it was me chasing that promoted that-who knows.

Anyway she offered me decent compo-£40-

I get the feeling I could have gone higher but I'm not greedy.;)

This payment is now in the bank. :T

Payment of the incentive will be in the account by 27th April

Well we've heard that before:rotfl:

Maybe worth giving them a call.

0800 161 5126

And be polite ;)
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Mchambers wrote: »
    My dad will also be going to the FCA.
    ....or he could just go straight to the FOS, as that's where the FCA will tell him to go, as per https://www.fca.org.uk/about/complain-about-regulators:
    The regulators cannot consider complaints about the firms we regulate. If you have a complaint about a firm, then you should raise this initially with the firm. If you remain unhappy with the outcome, you may be able to make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service
  • blindman
    Mchambers wrote: »
    People...Please don't forget to use the press. The banks all hate bad press. My dad will also be going to the FCA.

With what?

Bank cocks up free money incentive date.-gives out compensation for delayed payment?

Non story...
  • LFC_
    LFC_ Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 17 April 2018 at 3:16PM
    I've just gave the customer service a call to see where I'm at with the switch and when the 125 would be paid, was told by the woman that I don't meet the criteria because apparently 1,500 needs to be paid in every month? (had no idea about this, was certain that it was just a 1500 one-off deposit)

* I signed up for the switch a couple of months back and binned it off because I didn't reach the criteria in time - got an email the other day saying they'd extended it. I get paid around 1200 4 weekly so I've had near enough 2500 deposited since March

Would have argued the toss but I was only on a short break in work - anybody else had any trouble of this kind?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure