Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    two Christmas cakes in the oven and my turkey/pigs in blankets ordered from the local butcher for delivery :j
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Queen of Cheap, thank you. I did not know that about Co-op wobbles though there isn't one very near me. Having said that, they have just sent me some conditional spends so may make a visit at some point.

Funny how the habit of not buying expensive still kicks in even though I know that I will get at least £2.50/£5.00 (on double up) back on each £10 spent. Have just put another £10 petrol in and got 1000 points. Then did three shops (Mum wanted to buy me flowers which was very useful) and got 2000 and then 2x500 I think. I bought Mars fun size for £1.50 which I thought was a very good price -- I've a regular visitor who eats them. Then found the Giovanni Rana pasta in the fresh pasta aisle -- they are reduced to £1 but I had 2x 50p off coupons. Also cheap tins of chickpeas, 25p each, so have stocked up. I am trying to lose weight and often replace rice/pasta with beans so those were really good.

Meant to try to put another £10 of petrol in but forgot and I'm too tired to go back at whoopsie time...
  • two Christmas cakes in the oven and my turkey/pigs in blankets ordered from the local butcher for delivery :j

You BUY pigs in blankets :eek:
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    davemorton wrote: »
    Yeah, I could not find any either, still ordered though. Got a red, a sparkling, and a fizz. I do enjoy getting these.

Ah well I can have fun when you open yours. :D

But only one of each :eek: Keep buying until they are OOS so that me and LEJC are not tempted. :rotfl:
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    1000 then 500 x3 today, not as good returns :(.

8 x vouchers added on at CS though so obviously depends on the CS :).

Anon
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,904 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    two Christmas cakes in the oven and my turkey/pigs in blankets ordered from the local butcher for delivery :j

I got those from waities on PYO :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Now do I pop back for more :eek:.

Anon
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,904 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Anon wrote: »
    Now do I pop back for more :eek:.

Anon

Go on you know you want to but be quick cause of time :p
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    You BUY pigs in blankets :eek:

Yeessssssssss.... That's one less mucky job for me to do!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Dizzy_Ditzy
    bubbs wrote: »
    I got those from waities on PYO :D

If there was a W near me that wasn't a Little W, I would have done the same. The butchers I'm getting it from have multiplied their business by about tenfold this year by using social media and offering delivery - I'm supporting local business :D

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport