Partnership Card (John Lewis)

They have changed their system/format and one has to re-register. I think there must be teething problems as I am unable to log on to my account. I have managed to re-register as requested but I'm hoping that they get the issues sorted soon. There is a high volume of activity on their phone lines so I can't get through.

I suppose, as the changes only took effect yesterday, I'll just have to wait.

I'm assuming that the changes will be for the better but I don't like change, I suppose.

Comments

• downshifted
    downshifted Posts: 1,153
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Me neither - and I don't recall being told about this change previously. I can't log on either, and I am unhappy about having to re-register giving all my details again
    Downshifted

September GC £251.21/£250 October £248.82/£250 January £159.53/£200
  • whitesatin
    whitesatin Posts: 2,088
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Me neither - and I don't recall being told about this change previously. I can't log on either, and I am unhappy about having to re-register giving all my details again

I am pretty sure that they told me it would be undergoing changes and not accessible over the weekend but it's annoying that there are still issues
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,306
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I received an email on the 7th October reminding me that I would be unable to access my account until Sunday 9th when I would need to re-register. I successfully did so and it was clear that they have allowed us to choose our own userid and password and that there is now a mobile app to allow for the fact that fewer people are using desktop devices and now expect to access their banking and cards from mobile devices.

For anyone who missed it I am reproducing the text from the email here:

"Hello

As you may already know, from 10 October we’re adding some new services to the partnership card which make managing your account easier. To continue to access your account and get the most out of the new services you’ll need to re-register. Don’t worry, it’s easy to do.

When you log into your account from 10 October have your partnership card to hand and we’ll guide you through the rest of the process. You’ll only need to do this once.

Please note, from this afternoon (7 October) you won’t be able to log in until Sunday afternoon (9 October) due to the changes we’re making. But if you need to access your account during that time, just call Customer services on 0345 300 3833. 0345 300 3833."

SL
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 16.02% spent or £480.73/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • whitesatin
    Forumite
    I've now been able to access my account although it is quite (understandably) slow. The only thing I can't see, and miss, is the "Pending transactions" facility. I'm not sure if this will be on an App but I never use my phone for anything financial so I probably won't find out.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Card declined twice today after requesting new contactless card. I'm guessing they've just cancelled the existing card without any warning that that would happen.

Be warned, if you're looking to replace an existing card with contactless.

Impossible to get through to them on the phone today to find out for certain why declined - tried twice and gave up on each occasion after at least 15 minutes.

The Partnership Card has always seemed the poor relative of other HSBC products - outdated website and indifferent customer service (much like John Lewis itself). This takes it, though, to new depths.
  • whitesatin
    Forumite
    I have only used my normal card, over the phone and don't have contactless on that credit card.

I shall see how it all goes. I've had their card for many, many years now and haven't really had problems before.
  • jaybee
    jaybee Posts: 1,555
    Forumite
    I have managed to re-register and access my account although it was a veryslow process. For some reason best known to themselves I have been unable to switch to Online Only Statements.

Surely they could have had a lot of these problems ironed out before going 'live'. Not what we expect from John Lewis!
  • Seem to be disorganised. Got in touch with the CS number on Sunday, as the usual site was blocked, and they appeared unaware of the changes. JL have contact details and email: they should have alerted users to the imminent changes. Eventually got my registration updated but the summary gives a superseded CC number. Even now, there is no acknowledgement of the issues. Think I may change cards. It is HSBC behind this JL front so perhaps should not be surprised.
  • Chanes
    Chanes Posts: 882
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have been on the phone waiting for over an hour today and could not get through, I tried yesterday and Monday and all these calls are at national call rates! I also received the email about the changes but honestly thought they would have known how to deal with it! I tried re-registering and it accepted the details and locked my card! It's just incompetent, surely they must have checked the process!
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,447
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Ambassador
    I just tried registering for new online service and just keeps coming up "cannot find page". Shambles.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure