Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    rnem170 wrote: »
    Been Sky free for a couple of months now...
    Just received an email with a 'come back to Sky deal' of:

£11 pm for 18 months for basic TV
    £11 pm for Movies
    £13 for UHD (inc multi-room)
    £1 pm for HD - not sure how they charge this if you're already paying for UHD...
    £1 pm for box sets
    £37 pm total....

At the moment the fee for telephone purchase is waived as their website is down. No idea whether there is an additional fee for the SkyQ/Mini boxes. I may phone and see if I can get anything else thrown in or get multi-room cheaper. Annoyingly if I don't order on the net, I can't get quidco or tcb so I'll be pushing for something in lieu of that.
    No idea whether there is an additional fee for the SkyQ/Mini boxes
    £13 for UHD (inc multi-room)
    Perhaps I'm misreading the above but the £13 is for multi-room which includes the 1st mini box, for UHD you also need the 2TB box rather than the 1TB one. Each mini box is charged at an additional one off £20 payment. The main boxes are charged at £20 for the 1TB & £75 for the 2TB one for new customers at the moment.
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Spent 1.5 hours on the phone on Friday. My 18 month contract coming to an end. The overall theme and for everyone's awareness is that the percentage discount deals of the past are coming to an end (I've had that confirmed by someone who works at sky). They have overall reduced the price of TV to a point where now they feel that any level of discounting will be comparably minimal. Sky have decided to ease 'heritage' customers into this world by offering 12 months discount (even though you're new contract will be 18 months). So it's possible that you could be in for a shock when your price rises at that point. Best i could get was £71 for everything except kids. Very little price movement on broadband and line rental. I pondering whether its time to split off TV from broadband now and just move phone and broadband providers when that contract ends. I'm not in a virgin media area so have no choice but to go with sky.

Appreciate thoughts and experiences of others.

Looking at this thread it looks like I could do far better. What should the aiming price be for everything minus kids plus line rental, fibre and anytime calls.

If you can get fibre with Sky then you can get it with (presumably) many others starting with BT.

Despite what they may lead you to believe, the TV & BB were always separate.

Use the prices posted before yours for guidance. Anyone offered a 12 month discount on an 18 contract (with anybody for any product) should just laugh in their faces and say 'NO'.
  • chris_h16
    chris_h16 Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Our offer came to an end so phoned to cancel and wasn't offered anything spectacular so we declined and canceled. We had a phone call offering a slightly better offer but still nothing like we had before. So we canceled and the next day received an email to phone or chat on reconnecting. I did this and was offered Entertainment, HD, Kids, Boxsets and Skq Q Multiroom for £36 and £10 administration fee which they wouldn't waive. I also tried to get credit applied but told the account couldn't have credit. I declined this offer and we got sent the flatpack boxes to return the equipment. I thought I would try the chat again just before having to return the boxes. I was upfront and said I wanted to check if there was any offers before sending the boxes back and they said they could do it for £27 a month and £20 administration fee. I said I had seen on the sky website that they were waiving the administration fee and they said ok we can remove the fee.
    So we have
    Sky Entertainment - £11.00
    Sky Box Sets - £1.00
    Sky Kids - £1.00
    Sky HD - £1.00
    Sky Q Multiscreen Pack - £13.00
  • MM2002
    MM2002 Posts: 157 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All,
    Been on to sky chat most of the day and got nowhere fast.
    Im currently paying TV-£33.75, for sky box sets(the old package whatever that means?I think entertainment included) and multiroom.
    Broken down as multiroom £13.00, tv 20.75(50% discount)
    They says as im already on a 50% deal(although not tied in) it will only save me 50p to cancel and have entertainment. This is until january 2020

fibre broadband and talk is costing me £25.

Can I get a better deal if I cancel? From what ive read, TV should be about £17 with box sets and multiroom?
  • Halster
    Halster Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So i'vejust had a online chat to see what kind of deak i can could get this is what i got

sky ent-22
    sky kids - 5
    boxsets - 5
    sky fibre -27
    phone pas as you go 18.99 (which is not good considering its 18.99 for evening and weekend on their website which I told the agent but wouldn't budge!
    sky Q 1Tb
    £20 install charge
    £10 fee

total £45

is this any good? i tried to get kids,hd and boxsets to £1 again wouldnt budge, but this price is showing for sjy hd though on my account...
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Halster wrote: »
    So i'vejust had a online chat to see what kind of deak i can could get this is what i got

sky ent-22
    sky kids - 5
    boxsets - 5
    sky fibre -27
    phone pas as you go 18.99 (which is not good considering its 18.99 for evening and weekend on their website which I told the agent but wouldn't budge!
    sky Q 1Tb
    £20 install charge
    £10 fee

total £45

is this any good? i tried to get kids,hd and boxsets to £1 again wouldnt budge, but this price is showing for sjy hd though on my account...

CR*P deal.

I also make it more than £45 but it's hard to work out what you are saying as it's a bit jumbled up.

Just give Sky your 30/31 day cancel notice and then check you mysky account and you should see a better offer in there.
  • xxdiddiexx
    xxdiddiexx Posts: 330 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Standard Sky Box (No SkyQ - don't want it)
    Had everything apart from sports and was paying £30.25.
    Just negotiated a new 18 month contract. Now paying £30.00 a month.

There was a £10 admin fee, but I didn't care.
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Does anybody have a weblink or the correct webpage to live chat/message Sky while you are in the 30 cancellation period please.

My neighbour has put in his cancel request and only realised that the cut off date is Sunday and he and his wife are going on holiday for 2 weeks and his wife has 2 weeks of soaps and reallity tv to watch on her return but when the box goes off no recording and a very unhappy wife.

He told me that the only option was to call them when he went to his online account but he really only wants to live chat as he can do that from a works computer as where he works they are not allowed mobiles and he finishes work at midnight and they fly out at 11am Saturday.

Thank you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Boohoo wrote: »
    Does anybody have a weblink or the correct webpage to live chat/message Sky while you are in the 30 cancellation period please.

My neighbour has put in his cancel request and only realised that the cut off date is Sunday and he and his wife are going on holiday for 2 weeks and his wife has 2 weeks of soaps and reallity tv to watch on her return but when the box goes off no recording and a very unhappy wife.

He told me that the only option was to call them when he went to his online account but he really only wants to live chat as he can do that from a works computer as where he works they are not allowed mobiles and he finishes work at midnight and they fly out at 11am Saturday.

Thank you.

Messenger if he can access Facebook at work,

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-tv/sky-tv-plus/sky-plus-sky-account/sky-plus-account-and-subscription/cancel-sky-tv/articles/cancel-sky-tv
  • jojaca
    jojaca Posts: 109 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I haven't had Sky for 3/4 years, I thought I would try again for new customer deal in the football off season but I was sadly priced out.

Sky wanted £27 for Entertainment in HD and Sky Sports £23, £50 in total. £27 for Entertainment is ludicrous this day and age when you compare to your main competition of Netflix and Amazon(you can get both for less).

The only thing I want Sky for is Premier League football and ain't paying £50 for that alone. Last season I had the Now TV sport season pass for £179 for 9 months and I won't be pursuing that again because picture quality just about better than SD and when you have a household of five you get a lot buffering.

I'm officially priced out and I think I will stick my two flicks up to Premier League football and just watch highlights on Match Of The Day.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback