Three takes on Apple with rival interest-free iPhone 7 deal

Mobile network Three has launched a payment scheme to rival Apple's - so how does it compare? We crunch the numbers...
Read the full story:
'Three takes on Apple with rival interest-free iPhone 7 deal'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
See the latest news from MoneySavingExpertNews
Follow the MSE on Twitter: @MoneySavingExp
Get Martin's Money Tips
Join the MSE Forum

Comments

• VT82
    VT82 Posts: 1,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    What a crock of...

Let me get this straight. Three are offering a 4gb/unltd minutes bundle for £9. But if you take out their iPhone finance deal, the exact same SIM only deal (which you are forced to take) is £21. Therefore you can just add £12 onto the monthly iPhone finance deal (for 12 months anyway) to work out what extra cost they are really building in to getting the phone.

MSE, you should have been all over that calling out what a load of BS this deal is. Blatant advertorial for Three as it stands.
  • Kingsd316
    Kingsd316 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    VT82 wrote: »
    What a crock of...

Let me get this straight. Three are offering a 4gb/unltd minutes bundle for £9. But if you take out their iPhone finance deal, the exact same SIM only deal (which you are forced to take) is £21. Therefore you can just add £12 onto the monthly iPhone finance deal (for 12 months anyway) to work out what extra cost they are really building in to getting the phone.

MSE, you should have been all over that calling out what a load of BS this deal is. Blatant advertorial for Three as it stands.

Thats an essential plan, no hotspot or feel at home roaming, its the same price with or without the iphone for the 4gb advanced plan.
    :beer:
  • I'm wondering if:
    • when choosing the 500MB/£6pm 'Essential' plan, if they'd allow you to upgrade to the 4GB/£9pm essential plan (which is not currently available on this deal) after receiving your phone and SIM. After all, you'd be asking to move to a more expensive (but better value) contract.
    • if you can combine the Barclays Finance deal with the Three 'refer a friend' deal, where you both get a £25 Amazon voucher when the friend takes a 12m SIM only contract (or a 24m SIM & phone contract). My train of thought here is that you *should* qualify as you are taking out a 12m SIM only deal (albeit packaged with a Barclays Finance deal for the phone).
    I'm tempted to try it out, and try and upgrade the SIM-only plan from the £6 Essential to the £9 Essential within the 14-day cancellation period, and if they say no, then think about cancelling, buying the phone from an Apple Store on finance and the SIM-only contract separately!

Any thoughts?!
  • Have they withdrawn this? I go to the iPhone 7 or 7 Plus pages and can't see the blue button shown in their video or mentioned in the article
    Jumbo

"You may have speed, but I have momentum"
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Have they withdrawn this? I go to the iPhone 7 or 7 Plus pages and can't see the blue button shown in their video or mentioned in the article

Looks like it. Might be temporarily until delivery dates fall back to 1-2 working days rather than 5-6 weeks on some of the handsets.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure