'MSE users are Bactrian camels' blog discussion

Former_MSE_Lee
Former_MSE_Lee Posts: 343 Forumite
This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.
Read Martin's "MSE users are Bactrian camels" Blog.

Please click 'post reply' to discuss below.

Comments

• Hey all,
    Makes perfect sense I tend to come here each week day. I wonder if most people use this site as much as me? (or am i a bit of an addict) :)

pete
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Martin, we need a graph!
  • Discogod
    Discogod Posts: 328 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yeah martin, please post charts for each day & traffic over the course of the week.

Also interested to know how each month compares too... does it get busier around Dec/Jan?

No course-work is complete without charts Martin, could do better (you got til 9am tomorrow :P)
  • bethesda
    bethesda Posts: 539 Forumite
    obviously some people have too much time on their hands........;)
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I know I like graphs too!

I did want to post one, but the one we have is a rolling one, and therefore there's no print function as its changing all the time :(

Though for midweek days it is remarkable similar to the picture of the bactrian camel. :)
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    i feel like such a geek for enjoying things like this :D
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yes, some of us are uber-geeks and want to see the Ganglia or Nagios information, and know how to read it. :) Though I'm personally more interested in the MySQL stats. :) A one week ganglia graph would probably be stable enough.
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    MSE_Martin wrote: »
    the one we have is a rolling one, and therefore there's no print function as its changing all the time
    Martin,

On any Windows screen, hold down the Alt button on your keyboard (normally to the left of the space bar) and press the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard (normally in a space in the top right of the keyboard, near "Scroll Lock").
    This will copy the contents of the current screen onto your clipboard so you can go into Paint (or otherwise) and do a Paste (from the Edit menu or hit Ctrl-V) and save the image there.

Jim
  • IcyEars
    IcyEars Posts: 686 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 November 2010 at 11:29AM
    The graph sounds like there are a lot of people browsing the site from their offices before doing some work in the afternoon. Maybe they don't have internet at home so they have to do it at work (it's one way to save money after all!) :D
  • Two humps suggests a different analogy than a camel to me. ;)
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure