IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Appeal against POPLA Decision - what next?

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,617 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 January 2018 at 11:53PM
    jakubjohn wrote: »
    Please help, I'm not sure what else I can do!

Well here's what else you can do.

Read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread which offers all the advice you are likely to need.

If you then still have questions, then please start a new thread.
    Trying to progress the issues of two people on one thread will only lead to confusion.

Please... no replies on this thread. Start a new thread if you have anything further you want to say.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,343 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 16 January 2018 at 11:48PM
    Does anybody have any idea what I can do now?
    Yes, read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 which will tell you about the game you are now involved in.
    I am so upset about their cheek that I am prepared to go to small claims court.

Do you mean you will be taking them to the small claims court? Your case will be......?

If by ‘PS24’ you mean Parking Solutions 24 will be taking you to the SCC, you’ll be going nowhere near a court.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Parking_Solutions_24.html

If the parking event was over two and a half months ago, it’s now beyond the initial appeal/POPLA stage, so just ignore this and see what PS24’s next step is.

Do not post any more on this thread, as it doesn’t belong to you, please, if necessary in the future, start a new thread of your own. Regulars won’t respond (civilly :D) to a thread hijacker - please see forum rules, one case one thread.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Thanks for advice, I have written to my local MP as you suggested and the CEO of my District Council, hopefully this will add weight to the argument that these scam private contractors need to change and be better regulated.

Kind regards

Giles
  • Thanks Keith
    I am keen to stand up for my rights, but I do worry that they may send bailiffs who may try and force there way in, when I am not around, which I have seen on TV documentaries with people not paying PCNs!

Is that a true scenario for UKPC..?

Cheers

Giles
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,617 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 January 2018 at 11:41PM
    Gilespfr wrote: »
    Thanks Keith
    I am keen to stand up for my rights, but I do worry that they may send bailiffs who may try and force there way in, when I am not around, which I have seen on TV documentaries with people not paying PCNs!

Is that a true scenario for UKPC..?

Cheers

Giles
    That is not a likely scenario.

Debt collectors are harmless.

You have absolutely no risk of anyone visiting your premises, let alone forcing their way in.
    Before that happens a court case has to have taken place.
    You then have to lose that case.
    Having lost, you then have to not pay whatever the judge orders before any bailiff can be instructed to recover anything.

You've been watching too much daytime television. :D

You clearly have not yet read post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread where how to deal with debt collectors is discussed.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Also unless it is over £600 there is no high court involvement, meaning no powers of entry
    In any case HC bailiffs cannot force entry to private property
    and, as noted, to GET to that stage you would have to have lost at court AND not paid up within a month

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do some research on here first, before posting, as you will almost certainly find your question alerady answered many, many times.
  • Edelman
    Edelman Posts: 228 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi there. I am in the same position.
    I parked in an NCP car park, reversing into space, walked up the path on which I had reversed, to the machine and paid.

Turns out, that machine is NOT for NCP. It was below freezing, and it seemed logical to pay the machine on the path.

POPLA has rejected our appeal and state by letter that no further communication will take place. Very stern and boisterous manner.

I have written to my MP.

What happens next? Will I get some formal legal document, or do you think my MP can help, and get something looked into in this car park as a case so others dont fall into this less-than-obvious trap?
  • Umkomaas
    What happens next? Will I get some formal legal document, or do you think my MP can help, and get something looked into in this car park as a case so others dont fall into this less-than-obvious trap?
    Legal docs - very unlikely from NCP. Possibly harmless debt collector letters - read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #4 for how to deal with debt collectors.

MP - depends how well you've put your case to him/her. Depends how keen he/she is for your vote. See what kind of response you get.

You won't need any further advice from the forum unless you receive (vanishingly unlikely) court papers. If you do, please start a new thread of your own.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Edelman
    Edelman Posts: 228 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Where is the newbies FAQ on this?
  • Umkomaas
    Edelman wrote: »
    Where is the newbies FAQ on this?

Near the top of the forum thread list, just one page back from this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport