What small DFW things will you do w/c 8th October?

Comments

• natlie
    natlie Posts: 1,687
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi

I'm shattered after a weekend of decorating, which was just the tip of the iceberg really, loads to do - why does it take so long?

Checked the bank - urg, still waiting for £600 of invoices in - if you work for a big company ask them to put in a policy to pay little companies on time please

Washing dried on line, dishes done

Was cold here this morning but heating still hasnt been on

Got to plan dinner because Im out at a meeting tonight at 7pm boo

rest of the week is standard for me, not too busy!

have a good week all

Nat
    DMP: £30,668 £3,364.02 DFD July 2024
  • Welcome to the thread choccygirl123!
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • Choccygirl123
    Choccygirl123 Posts: 1,033
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks Carrie,

I've just been signed off work until January, so thought I'd hang around here and get a free idead to stretch the pennies. Will drop around £200 a month so any savings will come in handy.

I'm going to do a stick check if the freezer and cupboards and do a meal plan to try and minimise our spending for as long as poss.

I know I need some focus on paying off our debts so going to embrace the time off work and get my finger out and form some good habits.
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 

• I'm going to do a stick check if the freezer and cupboards and do a meal plan to try and minimise our spending for as long as poss.

I'm sorry you've not been well.

There are some really good threads on the Old Style board about store cupboard challenges/eating on a budget :)
  • merida88
    merida88 Posts: 116
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi all :hello:

Thanks to DNMS for starting the thread!

Well last week was hectic, and draining, but GOOD NEWS. M is responding well to treatment :j :T :j

In other news:
    • My car is not fixed from last time. It completely gave up in the jam-packed hospital car park at one point :eek: So it's back to garage for it tomorrow. The place I took it to near my mum's thought it needs a new instrument pack, at a cool £800+ :eek::eek::eek:
    • Turned the washing machine water inlet back on last night, looked good this morning... and just went back at lunch to find a puddle :rotfl: So that will need dealing with too.
    • I have not been particularly MSE in my daily dealings - you know the drill, a cup of tea out here, a bottle of wine from the local shop there, snacks for car journeys bought last minute at the petrol station etc etc. Need to get back on the straight and narrow, especially given the car's current behaviour. (I have to admit though, it hasn't asked much of me in the last couple of years, AND I am at a point where even though the debt isn't reducing right now, at least I can pay for the car stuff in cash. Baby steps.).

So today's marvellous MSE activities (pretty much all food based):

- bike to work etc etc
    - all meals from existing stocks - going to see if I can make it to the weekend without buying any groceries. Tonight's plan is sweet potato and chick pea curry with rice.
    - make some oaty cookies for snacks, trying out using the coconut flour I bought um, a while ago :o as I only have bread flour otherwise!
    - put on some more no-knead bread ready to cook up tomorrow (that'll be the last of the bread flour)

Hope everyone is having a good day :)
  • merida88
    Forumite
    allydowd wrote: »
    * I will make T-in-the-hole for dinner. Frugal but filling.

This comment nearly ruined my no-grocery-shopping plan. I LOVE T-in-the-hole. But, no sausages, eggs or normal flour in stock.

Not sure I fancy it with sweet potato, chia seeds and coconut flour instead :rotfl:
  • merida88 wrote: »
    This comment nearly ruined my no-grocery-shopping plan. I LOVE T-in-the-hole. But, no sausages, eggs or normal flour in stock.

Not sure I fancy it with sweet potato, chia seeds and coconut flour instead :rotfl:

Apologies if you know this already!

If you're going to use the coconut flour in baking, either find a recipe that calls for it, or, if you are adapting an existing recipe, remember to add more liquid as it absorbs a lot and can go very dry/crumbly
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    allydowd wrote: »
    Today DW tells me we're going somewhere as a surprise. Apparently it's a shop....the mind boggles. :o I do hope she hasn't got something spendy in mind. I am shopping for a fold-up bike online: maybe it's a bike shop.

So, the surprise was that DW's car wouldn't start! :mad: Breakdown service got us back on the road within 45 mins but DW had to fork out for a new battery. :(

DW took us to a local farm shop that I didn't know existed and we stopped off at Lidl for a few bargains.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    merida88 wrote: »

I have also been known to make it with strips of chicken.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • merida88
    Forumite
    Apologies if you know this already!

If you're going to use the coconut flour in baking, either find a recipe that calls for it, or, if you are adapting an existing recipe, remember to add more liquid as it absorbs a lot and can go very dry/crumbly

Haha yes I have used before it on occasion, I was going to start with 1/3 - 1/2 the recommended quantity of flour and see what the mix looks like!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure