NST Penny Pinching GoSober Stoptober

Comments

• Hello!
    I would like to join please :D

Challenge for myself - I don't smoke and rarely have a drink. I have been eating really unhealthy though so I will try and get my 5 fruit and veg portions a day :)

Organise. Start as you mean to go on. Know the contents of your fridge, freezer and cupboards - been struggling recently so my brother bought me some food shopping yesterday bless him. That'll last me a while so I won't need to get any food for a bit.

Regular budget items should be set by 1st October - am going to do this now! Am keeping spending low and trying to pay off my CC at the moment.

No Spend Days - I'm gonna aim for 15 this month :)

Improvise. Make do and mend with a creative twist - I'm sure I've got a few things I can do this with rather than chucking them out.

Exercise Four times a week at least (20 minutes minimum but can be done 10 minutes at a time) - I am going to try and take my son for a walk every other day.

Christmas - Already written a list and budgeting £10 per person. Although looking at my current finances it'll be more like £5.

Banned Takeaways, coffee shops, chippys, pie shops, vending machines, sandwich bars etc. - need to do this anyway, this was going to be my challenge for the month haha.

Extra Income Overtime, surveys, second jobs, craftsales at Christmas fairs - going to aim to do 1 survey a day

Report in, daily if possible - will try to!

C xx
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • Greent - can't believe your nephew is nearly 1 already!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Count me in for the gobstopper challenge please :rotfl:
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,669
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Greent - can't believe your nephew is nearly 1 already!

I know! :eek: We were away in Portugal for half term when he arrived early last year - it's flown by!! xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Robi90
    Robi90 Posts: 101
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Can I also join for October?

Organise. I did a lot of meal prepping for lunches last month which I think helped me stay in budget but I tend to get a bit peckish on my way home from work as it's a long commute so I need to start having some emergency snacks ready in my bag. I want to decline any spontaneous work drinks.

No Spend Days. Going to aim for 15!

Improvise. I'll try and apply this when it comes to cooking!

Exercise I'm going to aim for 4 times a week at least and want to do a mixture of running as well as free Youtube workout videos.

Christmas I've been putting spare change in a piggy bank since the beginning of this year and created a Christmas pot in my Monzo account that I've put a little bit of money in. Decided not to do Christmas cards this year.

Banned Takeaways, coffee shops, chippys, pie shops, vending machines, sandwich bars etc.
    Yep this is banned. I don't want to do any eating out this month aside from the two social events I've planned for - a birthday and a leaving party for two close friends.

Extra Income Will do a little bit of research into this.

Report in, daily if possible - Yes I will try!
    [STRIKE]£799 - FD Personal Loan[/STRIKE] :beer:[STRIKE]£500/ £500 FD Overdraft[/STRIKE] :beer: [STRIKE]£5700/£5700 MBNA credit card[/STRIKE]:beer:
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 29 September 2018 at 4:33PM
    Challenge – Do more self-care.
    Organise. This I must to. Have been tempted to buy things unnecessary.
    Regular budget Budget done. Have made a note of things I know I am planning to buy/do. Food budget set, just need to sort out shopping list next week. Have to be extremely careful of emotional spending.
    No Spend Days Going to be aiming for 20.
    Improvise Will try my best at this.
    Exercise Will do.
    Christmas This is already sorted. Have put money into a savings account each month for the year. Immediate family all get money. Christmas will be a difficult time for me so I will concentrate on self-care. Usually I spend time around my sister’s. Will have to wait to see what the plans are for this year.
    Banned This I have to concentrate on.
    Extra Income Will be doing surveys when possible.
    Report Will do.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • Just set my budgets for the month! Am giving my CC's to my parents so I'm not tempted to use them!
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • I would love to join please!

Good luck everyone

Shrewbie x
    Student loan £5849
    Emergency fund €2k/€2k
    House deposit €9200/€25k
  • Me please!
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 274
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite