help please with Universal Wealth preservation Trust

Comments

• I am in a very similar position to you, a year on. I would be very interested to know if you did receive the money due.
  • DocN, I’m enraged that Steve Long is allowed to continue setting up more businesses to continue ripping more people off, after letting us existing customers struggle on with all the grief and stress.
    What alarms me most about the latest finding from Companies House about this listing for Splice Management, is that he lists his occupation as LAWYER! As far as my dealings with him in the last five years, he has always been an Estate Planner.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,862
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    DocN, I’m enraged that Steve Long is allowed to continue setting up more businesses to continue ripping more people off, after letting us existing customers struggle on with all the grief and stress.

Who do you think should have stopped him?

You can be banned from acting as a director for various reasons including (quoting gov.uk):
    • allowing a company to continue trading when it can’t pay its debts
    • not keeping proper company accounting records
    • not sending accounts and returns to Companies House
    • not paying tax owed by the company
    • using company money or assets for personal benefit
    Do you believe that Steven Long is guilty of any of these and if so, what action have you taken?

Being the subject of anonymous complaints on an Internet forum is not grounds to be banned as a director.

People seem to constantly talk about consulting solicitors in this thread and yet, unless there is some legal action in progress not visible to Google, none of them follow it through.

I don't expect people to come on here after meeting their solicitor and tell us everything that's going on - when you're involved in legal action it's best to say as little in public as possible - and yet if there is legal action in progress it should be partly a matter of public record.
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,277
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite

What alarms me most about the latest finding from Companies House about this listing for Splice Management, is that he lists his occupation as LAWYER!
    If you believe somebody is claiming to be a lawyer when they are not then you can report them here:
    https://www.sra.org.uk/bogus-solicitors
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,266
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Reaper wrote: »
    If you believe somebody is claiming to be a lawyer when they are not then you can report them here:
    https://www.sra.org.uk/bogus-solicitors

The word ‘lawyer’ is sufficiently vague to avoid any suggestion of misdescription. The words ‘solicitor’ and ‘barrister’ are tightly controlled and enforced by the relevant professional bodies, but ‘lawyer’ is generic and difficult to argue against.
  • ANGUSM3C
    ANGUSM3C Posts: 5 Forumite
    I am currently locked in a similar situation with the Longs. A very large sum of money is owed to me - no sign of this being received!! Did your Mother every get her money back?
  • Hello all,

Just to chip in. We as a family are involved with this firm & they have been paying care home fees for my Nan until a few months ago & have now stopped. We’ve seen a solicitor & after a few stages that have failed, it has now come to the stage where it needs to go to the high court. This, as mentioned in the thread previously, is estimated to cost £60k+.

What I was wondering is, seeing as there are a lot of us, can we go about this as a group? I’m not sure of legalities etc, but can’t we all club together & take action at a lower cost each? People may not be willing to risk £60k, but if it were say £10k instead, would you be prepared to push on & pursue this firm?

Only an idea, but as it stands for us, this is going to cost my parents their house due to outstanding care home fees alone.

This firm needs to be taken to task & any helpful advice is appreciated.

Thank you.
  • Just a heads up, a new company has been registered at the same address as Universal.

Cohen Knights LLP is an estate planning company registered to Dencora House, the same address as Universal Wealth Preservation. The directors of this company are James Milk (ex Universal), Richard Wood (ex Universal) and a Mr De La Ronde-Wilton who is/was the interim Finance Director of Universal.
  • bank_leper
    bank_leper Posts: 13 Forumite
    I have taken to phoning and leaving voicemail messages about once every 30 minutes. I've also bombarded them with emails. They really don't like it if you accuse them of hiding behind technology telling me it's very unhelpful ... you can imagine my reply to that!
    I have tracked down several ex-employees none of whom have anything positive to say about the Long's.
    These people are ripping families off when they are at their most vulnerable. I have been appalled at the number of Director posts SP Long leaves behind him. Interestingly it seems that he even has fingers in his brothers company ... although they deny all knowledge. However Companies house clearly list him... go figure. If you're stuck in the cycle the same as we are trying to get money back from them you have my sympathy. If you're looking at this thread wondering whether to get involved I would urge you to run in the opposite direction as fast as you can.
  • bank_leper
    bank_leper Posts: 13 Forumite
    ... oh and we ARE looking at legal advice along with other avenues to track these people down. I'll keep you posted because we will not let this go. My parents are both now deceased and the Longs have been the bane of my life for too many years now. I will not let it go until I get back what belongs to our family. Try emails to [email protected] as well as the other emails if you're sending them messages.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure