IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN and Bailiffs

Options
Hi Guys, 1st time posting on here, I'll try to be to the point.
Received a PCN via CCTV from Harrow Council earlier last year.
Admittedly never dealt with it on time as have spent a lot of the past 12 months working overseas and admittedly it did go as far as an Order to Pay from the TEC arriving through the post which was forgotten about before leaving the country for a 3 week work stint.

However the Bailiffs rocked up to the house and clamped the car on our driveway at about 7.30 am one morning.
The wife and kids were in but they didn't knock beforehand just clamped first and left.
They then produced a fictitious schedule of letters that were supposed to have been sent and personal visits that were supposed to have been made and a bill to release the vehicle for approx £755.

Not looking here for lectures from others on why I shouldn't have ignored the councils tickets (that just happened as a result of working away too much).
The Bailiffs however have lied about the procedures that led to a £755 release fee.
I successfully made a retrospective stat dec which revoked the original action.
Harrow refunded £185 and I have since paid £60 when they re -sent the PCN.
HOWEVER, there is the £550 difference that the bailiff is holding and refusing to refund.
Does anybody know the correct legislation and am I entitled to this money back?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport