https://repocarsdeals.co.uk/

Options
Afternoon,

I'm looking a new car and came across this company.

I was just wondering if anyone has dealt with them.

https://repocarsdeals.co.uk/

Looking at the company it appears to be a legit business. Has the right registration on the Companies House website and the accounts seem to be upto date.

However, I've been trying to contact them for a few days now and no response to emails and no answer to the voicemails I have left.

The prices look too good to be true and they ask for payment upfront via a bank transfer.

So probably is Dodgy, but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them.
:jTo be Young AGAIN!!!!...what a wonderfull thought!!!!!:rolleyes:

Comments

• motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Its a bogus website but using a legit company name and address to add authenticity.

Not a pups chance its legit.
  • walwyn1978
    walwyn1978 Posts: 837 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Paying up front by bank transfer is a red flag, isn’t it? I may be showing my age here but paying all the money up front, not just a deposit, isn’t standard?
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The people who created that web site can't even decide what their company name is. On the Contact page, they are "Auton House Vehicles Limited", but on the About page, they are "OLC Autos Limited".
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • Deastons
    Deastons Posts: 464 Forumite
    Options
    The stock photos they use for their testimonials are hilarious!

Woman on phone. Smiling man. Saxophone player!
  • abeke
    abeke Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 16 October 2018 at 5:56PM
    Options
    This website and merchandise offered, appear to be a complete scam, there are no terms and conditions, no details on selling process, the list gets longer, they have the audacity to show vehicles complete with number plates, I checked via HPI report for a couple of vehicles that took my fancy, registration number's NFZ8697 and LF64ZWJ, well both these vehicles have outstanding finance, I also called the finance companies for both vehicles in question and they advised that the vehicles are still on a finance plan, clearly the website REPO DEALS ARE SCAMMERS, and should be avoided at all costs, they have cloned business details and are fraudsters, BEWARE.!!!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(
  • Nodding_Donkey
    Options
    Who would want to buy a repo'd car anyway?

If they can't afford to pay for the car are they likely to have paid for servicing/maintenance?
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Who would want to buy a repo'd car anyway?

If they can't afford to pay for the car are they likely to have paid for servicing/maintenance?

I think if you were to use that site to "buy" a car, concerns about lack of servicing would be the least your problems....
  • PDC
    PDC Posts: 805 Forumite
    Options
    Ectophile wrote: »
    The people who created that web site can't even decide what their company name is. On the Contact page, they are "Auton House Vehicles Limited", but on the About page, they are "OLC Autos Limited".

I wonder if Auton House Vehicles Limited know that their details are being used on this website, that address appears to be a legitimate company, agree the rest of the website is very 'dodgy' looking.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure