EXPIRED - Wahed Invest - £50 bonus (Eid gift) for £100 investment (potentially a £100 bonus)

Comments

• Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    karlie88 wrote: »
    Thanks for the links overlyconcerned.

I contacted them to clarify whether I will get the £50 bonus. They confirmed (after a few days) that I will be getting the 2 x £50 bonus as per the terms.

I also asked when the bonus will be paid as it's due any day now; rather annoyingly, they said that they extended their Eid bonus to allow deposits up until 30th Sept, so bonuses will now be paid from 1st Nov. I do not recall them updating their terms to reflect this. I also haven't been communicated this change up until my email.

For now, I'm happy they've agreed to the increased bonus and will wait patiently another month. I'm 80% hopeful.

Been nice if they'd actually updated people...did the original T&Cs of the offer give them the right to alter the end date and payment date?

Mind you given the amount stated in T&Cs, that were linked to the offer page, didn't agree to the amount on the offer page I'm can't say I'm surprised they've moved the goalposts.
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Shedman wrote: »
    Been nice if they'd actually updated people...did the original T&Cs of the offer give them the right to alter the end date and payment date?

Mind you given the amount stated in T&Cs, that were linked to the offer page, didn't agree to the amount on the offer page I'm can't say I'm surprised they've moved the goalposts.

T&C say ‘after 30 calendar days’ so technically this could be interpreted as any date they choose within a reasonable timeframe. I guess they would attempt to argue that a month later is still reasonable.
  • gingercordial
    gingercordial Posts: 1,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have just had an e-mail from Wahed Investments about the first bonus, saying "you will be credited with a £25 bonus to your bank account this November..."

Disappointingly it refers to £25. I will take them up on why it is not £50 per the T&Cs.
  • Shedman
    edited 8 October 2018 at 2:38PM
    I have just had an e-mail from Wahed Investments about the first bonus, saying "you will be credited with a £25 bonus to your bank account this November..."

Disappointingly it refers to £25. I will take them up on why it is not £50 per the T&Cs.

Just received the same. I agree the T&Cs that were hyperlinked from offer page state £50 and £50 (I took a screen print). I'd accept that that was a mistake but if they are going to stick to £25 then it ought to be in the account now (ie 30 days after deposit as per original offer) and not in November. They seem to be changing rules to suit themselves.

EDIT. Just had second email about them extending deadline to deposit from 31 Aug to 30 Sep as "some of you were so busy with Eid celebrations". They also say "As per the Eid bonus T&Cs we'll send the first £25..." except that wasn't the T&Cs were available. Think I'll contact them as well but don't expect it'll get anywhere.
  • gingercordial
    gingercordial Posts: 1,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just received the same. I agree the T&Cs that were hyperlinked from offer page state £50 and £50 (I took a screen print). I'd accept that that was a mistake but if they are going to stick to £25 then it ought to be in the account now (ie 30 days after deposit as per original offer) and not in November. They seem to be changing rules to suit themselves.

Indeed - if they are going to be late I am going to insist...

I just received a second e-mail actually, saying that they chose to leave the funding period open for September and hence bonuses will be paid from 1 November, "we would appreciate your patience". So this is the apparent justification for late payments.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Just had the same - pay in November and just £25.

I've been holding back on contacting them hoping they would do things right - i.e. on time and £50.

But, following this email, I have now emailed setting out my views (in the nicest possible way).
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    I got the £25 e-mail too, they seem pretty incompetent to me. Not only were the signup T&Cs contradictory, they don't proof read... 'You're £25 Eid gift from Wahed!' - embarrassing really. I know being a grammar nazi isn't a popular, but I tend to think - if they can't get the basics right, how they be trusted with my money?

I contacted them on Tuesday 2nd regarding the 25 / 50 discrepancy, but just had an auto-ticket reply, no response from a human yet.
  • bxboards
    I finally heard back and they are honouring the £50/£50
  • Shedman
    bxboards wrote: »
    I finally heard back and they are honouring the £50/£50

I've not heard back so think a chaser is in order. I wonder if they'll honour it for everyone or just those that contact them? What did their response actually say as a matter of interest?
  • bxboards
    I've not heard back so think a chaser is in order. I wonder if they'll honour it for everyone or just those that contact them? What did their response actually say as a matter of interest?

Here you go;

You will be honoured the 2x£50 bonus as per our terms and conditions. You will be credited with a £100 bonus to your bank account this November as a token of appreciation and a little push with your investment journey. We will send the first £50 to your bank account. If you deposit the £50 to your Wahed account (after we transfer the Promotion cashback to your bank account), once those funds are invested, we will transfer another £50.

Wahed Support
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport