IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstones LBC received

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    In your experiences, do these take a long time to be assigned?

About 2-3 months so use the time to gather information to bolster your case such as pics of the signs there and who actually occupies/owns the site.

If you are asked to do a Witness Statement, you want to be able to show evidence to the judge. If there is no evidence, a judge will make a decision on the balance of probabilities and it may not be the right decision as far as you are concerned. So give the Claimant and the judge as little room for manoeuvre as possible.
  • Hi everyone,

I have received today a Witness Statement from the Claimant. It includes several pages with pictures and the initial PCNs and also more pictures. (all of these pictures are made from their perspective to look unbeatable). Although, I have not received anything from the court with an allocation time. To be honest, I haven't actually received anything from the court. Is that normal?

Also, for now, I have to build my own witness statement and send it to the court and the claimant. Should I upload what they sent here? It is very long.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ring the Court in the morning and find out what is going on.

Looks like you've missed some letters. Have you moved recently?
  • No, I have been living here for the past 3 years. I found it weird as well that I have not received any letters from October when I was told that I have been allocated to my local court and had to wait for a date.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Sounds like your local court has not sent you a letter you need to see urgently, so ring them tomorrow.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • cornel1311
    cornel1311 Posts: 39 Forumite
    edited 31 January 2019 at 6:35PM
    Is it possible that I have missed the court process? The WS is dated yesterday. - Nevermind, I am probably in the 14 days stage from my understanding.

Also, I am starting to build my WS. In the newbies thread, it is stated that I can use a video. How exactly does this work? I make the video with my phone and upload it where?
  • cornel1311
    cornel1311 Posts: 39 Forumite
    edited 1 February 2019 at 10:40AM
    Good morning,

I have called the county court just now. I have been told by a very rude lady that I have been sent a notice 2 months ago that my case was assigned on the 19th of February at 11:00. Obviously, I did not receive this notice, which she did not seem to care.

Nevertheless, I have until the 5th at 4pm time to send the WS to the court and claimant? Also, not sure what to include in this damn WS. I have asked about video proof earlier, how do I include that?

-edit: From what I understand it is basically the defence all over again?
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,306 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    A witness statement (WS) - see NEWBIE thread post # 2 for guidance is the story in your words, written in the first person about what happened at the time/day of the parking event. Of course it should relate to your defence but is not a reworking of or addition to the defence already submitted. You should refer to any evidence you are to present using references like "I will show my Parking Permit PP1 and a copy of my lease L1" (just as examples of the way it should be done.)

I believe that you can take video evidence to the court (just refer to it in your WS) on a tablet or ask the court if they have facilities to show videos.
  • What about timings?

If the case is on the 19th, do I have to send the WS to all parties by the 5th at 4PM ? Also, is it possible for me to personally deliver it to the court?

In terms of the claimant, I think I can send it via e-mail, so that should be more convenient.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Also, is it possible for me to personally deliver it to the court?
    Always recommended here.
    In terms of the claimant, I think I can send it via e-mail, so that should be more convenient.
    Always recommended here.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport