Can anyone help? Sky Broadband

2»

Comments

• lufcgirl
    lufcgirl Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    macman wrote: »
    Have you spoken to retentions, or just to first tier customer service? Only the former can do the decent deals, so call again and this time say you want to give 30 days notice.

I spoke to first tier customer service, said there was nothing that could be done in regards to equipment and then asked for the charges and if I was in contract for broadband.

They said no and I asked to be put through to retentions. This was where the guy offered £3 per month off the price and when I said I would cancel he just said he will put the 30 days in now. Some call centre in Derby and the first girl I spoke to was in Newcastle.
  • lufcgirl wrote: »
    I've tried to contact them on Facebook - no reply and now their live chat is permanently saying busy.

I'm quite reticent to call them again as they were so unhelpful and didn't care whether or not we left, but it staggers me new customers get a deal for £18 per month and charging a current customer nearly double.

You are using Messenger and not just posting a public comment on their Facebook I hope?

It's not an instant response as they can have 40 chats per agent open but it allows you to get on with your day instead on being stuck on the phone for an hour.
  • lufcgirl
    lufcgirl Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    So I've spoken to a great advisor up in Scotland - I know that I was never going to get as good a deal as a new customer.

But it's came down from £35 per month to £24.50 (plus a one off £25 credit on the next bill)

-Unlimited standard broadband
    -Evening and weekend calls
    -Line rental

Lovely bloke. So pleased I called back again!
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    My sister couldn't get a good deal, so signed up with PlusNet, who she has been with before. However, she got a call from Sky, while she still had chance to cancel PlusNet, offering ADSL, line and Anytime calls for £17.99. I asked her to check that she hadn't mistaken Talk for Anytime, but the email confirmed it was Anytime.

My time is nearly up for my PlusNet deal, so I called yesterday and asked for the £18.99 (£16.49 paid upfront) internet only deal over just 12 months. This means that I pay less than now as I have been paying the £1 internet increase along with the cost of calls. (I said I wanted 12 months as the saver deal and 18 month contract mean that the two are out of sync after 12 months, meaning paying full price for 6 months or renewing saver and having no haggle power at the 18 month point).

My broadband has been poor, (even after an engineer came today and found no fault, though better when a tech altered something again)since June , so they agreed to the new customer £50, too, but a cheque instead of a card,making the cost, less calls £12.22.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure