Transfer Nightmare

Comments

• Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    To add to the mix the company I am transferring my pension to have offered me a goodwill gesture of £50. Not sure what do do about this at it was a little unexpected. They have said the following:

Our team have reviewed the timeline provided to them and they are content that we followed everything in line with our procedures. They have, however, made a gesture of goodwill offer for the inconvenience of having to contact us. The amount of the offer is £50.

• atush
    atush Posts: 18,719
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I would accept it and look for the rest from your od provider.
  • Cotta
    atush wrote: »
    I would accept it and look for the rest from your od provider.

Why would my old provider suddenly offer that?
  • Cotta
    The original pension company who delayed in sending my pension across for over one year have reneged on their original "goodwill offer" and asked me to refer this all to the ombudsman.

They have failed to give me the details as to how to do this, can anyone advise?
  • atush
    Forumite
    Cotta wrote: »
    Why would my old provider suddenly offer that?

Because i thought your problem was with the old provider?
  • atush
    Forumite
    The original pension company who delayed in sending my pension across for over one year have reneged on their original "goodwill offer" and asked me to refer this all to the ombudsman.

They have failed to give me the details as to how to do this, can anyone advise?

Did you give them a deadlock letter, ie give them x days to adress your complaint? ie dont make me go back and read the old pages.

If so, https://www.pensions-ombudsman.org.uk/
  • Cotta
    Did you give them a deadlock letter, ie give them x days to adress your complaint? ie dont make me go back and read the old pages.

If so, https://www.pensions-ombudsman.org.uk/

They originally failed to respond within the allocated eight weeks of my complaint despite me chasing them for several weeks and then advised I could send this to the ombudsman. When they did respond they advised they were not at fault and it was the receiving pension company who was and said that this should all be referred to the pension company.
  • Cotta
    Because i thought your problem was with the old provider?

Incorrectly worded, the company receiving the pension offered this.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    They originally failed to respond within the allocated eight weeks of my complaint despite me chasing them for several weeks and then advised I could send this to the ombudsman. When they did respond they advised they were not at fault and it was the receiving pension company who was and said that this should all be referred to the pension company.

It doesn't cost you anything to complain or go to the regulator, so I'd do both for each company, the worst outcome for you is a bit of wasted time and effort.
  • Cotta
    bigadaj wrote: »
    It doesn't cost you anything to complain or go to the regulator, so I'd do both for each company, the worst outcome for you is a bit of wasted time and effort.

True, I'm just a bit surprised that the original holding company who had to release the pension (Aegon), have (a) been so slow and (b) are now refuting their turnaround.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure