Santander Security System

Options
So I use Santander telephone banking to make a high amount payment to a savings account, which, after all the usual lengthy security checks and menu surfing goes through, hoorah.

Ten minutes later I use internet banking to make a second payment and they block my account:mad:

I ring up Santander to sort it out, only to be told that I've got to wait for an automated check of my account and subsequent text message to my phone.

In the mean time I can't access my internet banking. Well done Santander:mad:

Comments

• CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Look at this on the other side; you want the bank to look after your money and this is what they're doing.

Banks have regulatory requirements and feel the need to check your accounts to satisfy these. There is therefore no cause for concern.
    💙💛 💔
  • IanManc
    IanManc Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Options
    dprice1164 wrote: »
    So I use Santander telephone banking to make a high amount payment to a savings account, which, after all the usual lengthy security checks and menu surfing goes through, hoorah.

Ten minutes later I use internet banking to make a second payment and they block my account:mad:

I ring up Santander to sort it out, only to be told that I've got to wait for an automated check of my account and subsequent text message to my phone.

In the mean time I can't access my internet banking. Well done Santander:mad:

I've had this happen to me too on a number of occasions.

My view is that I'd rather be occasionally slightly inconvenienced for a very short period of time than have my money stolen from my bank account by a fraudster.

As you say, well done Santander. :beer:
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been moving sizeable sums through Santander for a few years and never had the account blocked, although I have had automated phone calls asking me to confirm transactions. Maybe mixing telephone and internet transfers in a very short time makes it look dodgier to them?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure