Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    OohSoHolly wrote: »
    Just wanted to ask what reasons people were giving when you are asked the “We’re sorry you want to leave can I ask why?” Question. I usually say price but they start trying to break down my package which I don’t want I just want the discount. We have SKY Q at the moment and wondered whether it was better to say I was unhappy with the service?

Just cancel to get at least 50% off TV. If they ask why, just tell them that you have a friend who works at BT who has given you a deal to go to them.
  • OohSoHolly wrote: »
    Just wanted to ask what reasons people were giving when you are asked the “We’re sorry you want to leave can I ask why?” Question. I usually say price but they start trying to break down my package which I don’t want I just want the discount. We have SKY Q at the moment and wondered whether it was better to say I was unhappy with the service?

Read through http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/haggle-with-sky-existing-customer-tips and then see what deals are available through http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/cheaper-sky-cheap-cable and https://www.uswitch.com/broadband/compare/broadband_and_digital_tv/

That'll give you an idea of what to aim for and give them a target to beat.
  • OohSoHolly wrote: »

I always say price. If they try and take bits away I say I wouldn't trust myself not to add them back in and I can't afford that, so its all or nothing for me! :) Never take a deal you're not happy with there'll surely be another if you wait.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    OohSoHolly wrote: »

...I just play the pensioner card...my deal is up ,can't afford full price and as I'm a Sports nut I have to have Box sets plus Sports plus HD pack -so not prepared to cherry pick to "save".:)
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Mchambers wrote: »
    Just cancel to get at least 50% off TV. If they ask why, just tell them that you have a friend who works at BT who has given you a deal to go to them.

That never worked for me.
    I put in my cancel request and i have checked all 3 devices options and all 3 say come back for 30% off tv price and not 50%.
    Last year when i did cancel i got 50% in Mysky,tv and app and 2 weeks later 60% and when i went to accept was told it was an error. I did wait till it got cut off and tokk a 60% 12 month deal.
    While i was on the chat last week she asked about fibre,rental and calls and when she came to give me "deal" the discount was off tv and not phone part so i asked what about phone part as you asked about it and she said if did not want calls package she could sell me Sky mobile instead but i would still have to fibre and rental so more expensive for me.
    Maybe it's just me that has not got the 50% offer.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Until this year I have only had one of the three packages with no add-ons, but if this time they suggest cutting channels (don't mind losing Cinema as long as the package deal is priced as required) I'll say it is the same package or nothing ; not just a price cut for having less.

I will then add that I left last year, fully intending to stay away, but the deal made it worth re-contracting.

I won't mention being a pensioner and not being able to afford (they must hear that multiple times a day), but state that I can't justify spending so much on a luxury,as I'm going to have to watch outgoings from now on.
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,818 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 29 September 2017 at 3:14PM
    What a nice suprise today.
    Whilst considering excellent offer from VM
    I called Sky to apply 31 days.
    Left call with 40% discount 18 months.
    Although more expensive than VM
    I retain my q silver/mini box/fibre/talk -72 /month 18 mths.
    At least I got the follow up call from VM -had to decline though 45 per month was tempting.
    Didn’t mention my illness though honestly can't be bothered with returning Sky kit and arranging new VM install.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Dandytf wrote: »
    What a nice suprise today...

I had a nice surprise myself from Sky this morning. They sent me a letter in reference to a written complaint from myself a few weeks back (apologising in taking so long). I was complaining about being unable to get through to anyone on the phone regarding a billing mistake, they said that they could see I'd finally got in touch with someone (through the My Sky App) and it had been resolved. If I wanted to speak to them anymore in regards to this they gave me the telephone number to ring. :mad:

I guess Sky don't do irony.
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,818 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I had a nice surprise myself from Sky this morning. They sent me a letter in reference to a written complaint from myself a few weeks back (apologising in taking so long). I was complaining about being unable to get through to anyone on the phone regarding a billing mistake, they said that they could see I'd finally got in touch with someone (through the My Sky App) and it had been resolved. If I wanted to speak to them anymore in regards to this they gave me the telephone number to ring. :mad:

I guess Sky don't do irony.

That’s unfortunate.
    I filled in the online cancel option, left my mobile number and got a callback.
    Though 1st attempt last week to almost 1 week to get a call though todays attempt I was called today.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • I can`t see the option on the website to Chat anymore, just me or what?
    3.975 kWp System, South facing, 21 degree pitch, 15 x Canadian Solar Elps, Samil Inverter, location NE Scotland (Fraserburgh) Bring on the Sun :beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback