Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• shaggy wrote: »
    He claimed no one got offered the £20 deal it seems too good to be true and he won't offer it me. So I left it. Will try them again in a couple of days

Worth trying again I think. Mine isn't quite as good as the £20 but not too dissimliar considering I've got additional stuff - £32 for the below TV package. Goes up to £48pm when I included broadband but a good deal for the overall TV package I think.

SkyQ 1TB
    Cinema HD
    Sports HD
    Entertainment HD
  • Canceled my sky and this weekend it turned off

My best offer is sky entertainment, sky sports, box sets, all in HD for £36pm 12-month contract. I declined as they wanted to charge me £10 admin fee Grrrr

If I go into my sky offers I have almost the same offer for 37.50pm but without the admin fee, which i know over 12 months works out more.
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Worth trying again I think. Mine isn't quite as good as the £20 but not too dissimliar considering I've got additional stuff - £32 for the below TV package. Goes up to £48pm when I included broadband but a good deal for the overall TV package I think.

SkyQ 1TB
    Cinema HD
    Sports HD
    Entertainment HD

Apparently, according to the guy I spoke to, they get discount codes for this stuff and when I was offered £27 p/m he had to use a couple of codes. Last ones available. But when I called back an hour later the code had been used up. They apparently get the codes regularly so I'll try again.

Does anyone know, are boxsets standard a Todd sky q or do u pay extra for that too
  • shaggy wrote: »
    Apparently, according to the guy I spoke to, they get discount codes for this stuff and when I was offered £27 p/m he had to use a couple of codes. Last ones available. But when I called back an hour later the code had been used up. They apparently get the codes regularly so I'll try again.

Does anyone know, are boxsets standard a Todd sky q or do u pay extra for that too

Not standard with SkyQ unfortunately (I can only vouch for the 1TB though). I tried to get them thrown in with my offer but they were having none of it!
  • Forwandert
    Forwandert Posts: 1,211
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    You can get box sets thrown in for £1 If you negotiate enough but it's not standard for Q.
  • FionnMac
    FionnMac Posts: 18 Forumite
    jojaca wrote: »
    Your thinking about £27 a month, i would jumped all over that over that. I have been without Sky for 12 months and the cheapest they have offered is £34 a month for Sports on old sky hd box and £36 for Q box.

I have sinced gone down the Now TV route season sports pass for £179 and Entertainment for £38 a year. Not ideal, much prefer the satellite feed than streaming.

I don't mean to be rude, but what was your bargaining tactic? I didn't have to do much to get Sports/Entertainment/HD with a Qbox for £20. I just kept refusing any offer and mentioning NowTV offering me £20/month (which was true)

Good chance I just got lucky though or somebody made a mistake, seems like no one else has an offer like mine
  • shaggy
    Forumite
    FionnMac wrote: »
    I don't mean to be rude, but what was your bargaining tactic? I didn't have to do much to get Sports/Entertainment/HD with a Qbox for £20. I just kept refusing any offer and mentioning NowTV offering me £20/month (which was true)

Good chance I just got lucky though or somebody made a mistake, seems like no one else has an offer like mine

Did you get that via sky direct or via love dogital
  • 227_BHA
    227_BHA Posts: 170 Forumite
    Hi guys
    Long time since I logged into this thread. Its aprox 2.5 years since I did the threaten to leave thing and I got my bill down to less than half price for 12 months.
    But since that ended IVe been paying full price for the last 18 months or so and it!!£95.50 now as IVe got Sky Q and the full tv package including sports and movies.
    Simple question - if I give notice to quit what realistically should I accept from the detentions dept?? Thanks
  • FionnMac
    FionnMac Posts: 18 Forumite
    shaggy wrote: »
    Did you get that via sky direct or via love dogital

Love Digital. I posted about my experience on the previous page or one before
  • shaggy
    Forumite
    FionnMac wrote: »
    Love Digital. I posted about my experience on the previous page or one before

yes I saw that, just wanted to confirm it, because when I spoke to love digital I mentioned your deal the guy was adamnant he's worked there 17 years and never seen a deal like that. So possibly a mistake or he was telling porkies. I shall try again when I get time.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback