Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You should have flat out refused to pay the £10, they would have backed down without a doubt.

Indeed. I would think in this day and age of Netflix etc sky would be desperate for customers lol !!!128514;
  • gunner786
    gunner786 Posts: 259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have sky hd on 60% discount till next year.
    Am currentky paying £15.20 for entertainment kids boxset + hd. Was calling up for sky sports.

They offered me this on live chat.

I can offer you the entertainment package with sports, HD & kids for £41 a month. If you'd like cinema it'd rise to £51 a month. Then in regards to SkyQ I can offer you the 1TB box for just £20 instead of £199+!

Was this any good or did i do right in refusing?
  • cjp2k
    cjp2k Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If they're offering you UL fibre for around £20 grab it, you're not getting better off them.

£23.49 for basic line rental and fibre unlimited 40mb
  • zoso121
    zoso121 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    You should have flat out refused to pay the £10, they would have backed down without a doubt.
    Yeah I should have, but i was under a bit of pressure from the missus to reduce our sky bill , & wanted me to cancel the Sky sports package. She was happy with a £30 PM saving. (and I got to keep the sport):)
  • itstheone
    Options

This £10 charge annoys the hell out of me.

It's like a restaurant adding a service charge to your bill so you're paying the waiters wages instead of it being their paid job.

If they deal with 3 customers an hour it's a nice little earner.
  • footyfootyfootball
    Options
    Hibbo17 wrote: »
    I sent love digital a Facebook message this morning and still not had a response, how long did it take for them to get back to everyone else?

I!!!8217;m after that Sky Q box with HD Entertainment & HD Sports for £20 deal someone else has already got on here.

I left it a day or so and decided to ring them, number I found was 020 8760 7650
  • shaggy
    Options
    Just called love digital and the best they will do is £27 for sports plus entertainment and kids all in HD. Free installation of sky Q and for 18 months.

Very tempted. Or should I save my money :)
  • shaggy
    Options
    He claimed no one got offered the £20 deal it seems too good to be true and he won't offer it me. So I left it. Will try them again in a couple of days
  • jojaca
    jojaca Posts: 109 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your thinking about £27 a month, i would jumped all over that over that. I have been without Sky for 12 months and the cheapest they have offered is £34 a month for Sports on old sky hd box and £36 for Q box.

I have sinced gone down the Now TV route season sports pass for £179 and Entertainment for £38 a year. Not ideal, much prefer the satellite feed than streaming.
  • shaggy
    Options
    jojaca wrote: »
    Your thinking about £27 a month, i would jumped all over that over that. I have been without Sky for 12 months and the cheapest they have offered is £34 a month for Sports on old sky hd box and £36 for Q box.

I have sinced gone down the Now TV route season sports pass for £179 and Entertainment for £38 a year. Not ideal, much prefer the satellite feed than streaming.

no longer available. Oh well that will teach me a lesson!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback