IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Highview & Tesco

Options

Comments

• GreenGovan
    GreenGovan Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi guys

These are the pics of the letters, iv removed names and pcn number and reg numbers.

Hopefully.

hxxp://tinypic.com/r/ezo6ch/9
    hxxp://tinypic.com/r/2jeaiw5/9
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    live links

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ezo6ch&s=9#.W2HfgrgnZPY

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2jeaiw5&s=9#.W2HgJ7gnZPY

they are correct that the driver is liable, which is why you do not name the driver by IGNORING THEM

the KEEPER is not liable, even though they have written to the keeper

the KEEPER does not have to name the driver under Scottish Law , because there isnt one
  • GreenGovan
    Options
    Again, Silverburn Glasgow has three main entrances, on the parking side of tesco is where 1 main entrance to the shopping centre is and where Debenham is also.

So I should just ignore this letter but also go to tesco and try and talk to them about this? As well as Debenhams?
  • Redx
    edited 1 August 2018 at 5:43PM
    Options
    depends who is the landowner, and so far we dont know the answer to that question , we do not know if TESCO own the land despite their letter

if its a multi retailer retail park, it could be the M.A. for the site that you complain to

because you have a tesco letter in with the HV letter I doubt that tesco will help because it seems to be a repeat "offence"

what they are saying is that this vehicle keeps parking for longer than the time allowed on site, so on more than one occasion, so I would suggest that in future the DRIVER makes sure they stay in the timeframe listed on the signage in any scottish car park (or any UK car park too)

because there is no keeper liability in Scotland, there is nothing for a keeper to do apart from give the driver a good b*****g for repeatedly overstaying their welcome

if HV become aware of who was driving then they have 5 years to try a court claim through your simple procedures system in your local sheriff court

hence why the KEEPER ignores them

any complaints to retailers or MA,s needs to be such that the drivers details are not divulged , or just do not bother with any complaints and in any case do not appeal to HV either
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    In Scotland ignore everything except a court claim.
  • GreenGovan
    Options
    Again I would rather this was cancelled as it would then keep my mind at peace.

I will go to tesco and try complain to upper management about this, and maybe a letter, I just feel ignoring it may make it worse or they may pursue it further.
  • Redx
    Options
    the danger with that is that it may inadvertently lead to you naming the driver

if you really are going to complain, its as an occupant of the vehicle, as keeper of the vehicle , without actually stating who was driving at all

assume that I was driving on those days in question

if you are going to appeal to HV in writing (NOT by phone , no ringing people up at all) , then do so on the basis that there is no keeper liability in Scotland and so they need to cancel the charge and not contact you again, they must pursue the driver (who shall not be named)

do NOT telephone anyone
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I just feel ignoring it may make it worse or they may pursue it further.

It won't but you do what makes you feel better. The issue with scams is they depend on people believing them.

You've had the advice but it is up to you to assess it and decide.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    GreenGovan wrote: »
    Again I would rather this was cancelled as it would then keep my mind at peace.

I will go to tesco and try complain to upper management about this, and maybe a letter, I just feel ignoring it may make it worse or they may pursue it further.

Highview have never taken anyone to court in England where it is a whole lot easier. That includes multiple ticket collectors, who again, would be an easy target.

In Scotland the court process is a whole lot harder for a parking company. Do you really think they will chose the hardest target they can find for their first ever court outing?

Silence is golden.
  • GreenGovan
    Options
    I very much appreciate the advise and truly am thankful.

If I where to write to HV, the blue template in the FAQ sticky would still be the best wouldn't it to use and as long as I don't give any details or mention anything in regards to the driver.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure