Quidco Question and Answers

Options

Comments

• 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi,

Just after a bit of clarity on Cashback payouts.

I currently have tracked breakdown cover cashback and want to amend the policy to add another user on. If I call the company (RAC) and get the policy amended will this invalidate my cashback claim? It has been around a month since I claimed.

Kind Regards
    ILS

I would say "NO" because the RAC will, most likely require a further payment from you - but to be sure, why not email Quidco and ask them to confirm ?
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi,

Just after a bit of clarity on Cashback payouts.

I currently have tracked breakdown cover cashback and want to amend the policy to add another user on. If I call the company (RAC) and get the policy amended will this invalidate my cashback claim? It has been around a month since I claimed.

Kind Regards
    ILS

I am afraid that this could cause the cashback to decline as this could cause an amendment to the order and break the referral link to ourselves to receive this fee. If you need any further clarity please could you email Joseph@quidco.com and I shall take a look further -Joseph
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • gozaimasu
    gozaimasu Posts: 860 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 May 2019 at 9:38PM
    Options
    I use Quidco a lot, especially ClickSnap, and I log on every few days to see if anything has become payable. I just withdraw what's there, trusting that Quidco are correct.

On 7 Feb, I got an email from Quidco saying that they'd erroneously paid me twice and requested that I pay them via paypal or bank transfer. I can still use my account, but I can't make any withdrawals.

I have enough cashback earnings in my account to cover their mistake, but they are refusing to do this. This seems utterly ridiculous and I am 100% sure that they would be able to remove any amount from my account at the click of a button.

I contacted them on 22 March and PAUL said that they'd withdraw the funds once they'd become payable. This didn't happen, so I contacted them again a couple of days ago and KYLE said they can't do it, then made a further demand requesting I pay them back via paypal, bank transfer or cheque.

Have any other MSE quidco users had a similar problem?

It was their mistake, not mine, and they are being extremely difficult in allowing me to use the account fully. They can quite easily deduct member subscriptions from payable cashback balances, so why on earth they can't just decuct their mistake from my account, I have really no idea. It's not even a large amount either, it's a measly amount under £10!
  • CityLite
    CityLite Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    gozaimasu wrote: »
    I use Quidco a lot, especially ClickSnap, and I log on every few days to see if anything has become payable. I just withdraw what's there, trusting that Quidco are correct.

On 7 Feb, I got an email from Quidco saying that they'd erroneously paid me twice and requested that I pay them via paypal or bank transfer. I can still use my account, but I can't make any withdrawals.

I have enough cashback earnings in my account to cover their mistake, but they are refusing to do this. This seems utterly ridiculous and I am 100% sure that they would be able to remove any amount from my account at the click of a button.

I contacted them on 22 March and PAUL said that they'd withdraw the funds once they'd become payable. This didn't happen, so I contacted them again a couple of days ago and KYLE said they can't do it, then made a further demand requesting I pay them back via paypal, bank transfer or cheque.

It was their mistake, not mine, and they are being extremely difficult in allowing me to use the account fully. They can quite easily deduct member subscriptions from payable cashback balances, so why on earth they can't just decuct their mistake from my account, I have really no idea. It's not even a large amount either, it's a measly amount under £10!

Why make a mountain out of a molehill?

This dispute seems to have been going on for over 3 months since quidco have first been in contact with you requesting you pay back money you are not entitled to.

As you say, the amount in question is "a measly amount under £10!"

In the meantime, you have been restricted from making any withdrawals from your quidco account, something you previously did as soon as you were able to, checking the account every few days.

You now have more than £10 in cashback earned that you could be paid, save for your stubbornness to repay the money you have previously received that you were not entitled to. There appears no dispute on your part that you were not entitled to such money.

So, simple solution is as follows:

Pay Quidco back the money they incorrectly paid you. - less than £10
    That should release any restriction on your quidco account allowing you to withdraw the cashback you have earned that is payable - which you say is more than £10

Or you can keep hitting your head against a brick wall (and that usually hurts) as well as be left out of pocket.

The choice is yours! :cool:
    Options
    gozaimasu wrote: »

Hey!

If you could drop me a message on joseph@quidco.com with your registered Quidco email address, I'll take a look and see what can be done about this for you so you can see your account get back to normal ASAP! :)

-Joseph
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • strocky
    strocky Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there, hows the best way to resolve my issue re £144 cashback from Quidco for a Virginmedia Deal that has stalled without an outcome

Quidco are blaming VM for not updating the claim and VM are calling Quidco liars and not interested in sharing any info on my claim

Please see link to VM Forum with all the details (I can't post a direct link as a new user it would appear, if you add H T T P S to the link below, it will work)

community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Issue-with-Quidco-Cashback-and-poor-VM-CS-Response/m-p/3999746
    Options
    strocky wrote: »
    Hi there, hows the best way to resolve my issue re £144 cashback from Quidco for a Virginmedia Deal that has stalled without an outcome

Quidco are blaming VM for not updating the claim and VM are calling Quidco liars and not interested in sharing any info on my claim

Please see link to VM Forum with all the details (I can't post a direct link as a new user it would appear, if you add H T T P S to the link below, it will work)

community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Issue-with-Quidco-Cashback-and-poor-VM-CS-Response/m-p/3999746

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having this issue, could you please send an email over to Joseph@quidco.com and I will have a look into your account for you and see what is happening with this 😊 -Joseph
  • strocky
    Options
    Email sent
    Options
    strocky wrote: »
    Email sent

Thanks for sending that over, I have replied to your email now 😊 -Joseph
  • strocky
    Options
    Just to thank Joseph, he arranged for the money to be transferred (received today) minus £5 (I assume due to Quidco Premium fee??)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback