Labels for homemade preserves.

:hello: Can anyone give me some ideas for some festive labels for my mincemeat and chutneys? I'd like to give them as gifts and want to do some professional looking labels. I don't mind buying a little bit of ribbon or the necessary card to do it within reason.

"all endings are also beginnings. We just don't know it at the time..."

Comments

• sure I saw some free stamps listed on the freebie forum, you could get a stamp and stamp some ordinary sticky labels maybe? You could get the kids to colour bits of the label in- real team effort.
    RIP Floyd - 19/04/09. I know i'll see you again my best friend forever.

19/06/2013 T12 incomplete Paraplegia, down but not out.
  • you can usually get good lables from lakeland, but they might be a bit pricey, also the studio catalogue sometimes have them.
    Owner of a cute cottage in the North York Moors :j
  • have you looked at the freebie boards ??? i think there is an avery sticky - if not search for them - they send out sample packs of all different sizes and types of sticky labels (not sure how quickly you will need them though)- you could then decorate these or use a printer ???
  • Vistaprint online do 140 self adhesive return address labels for around £3.08 I think.
    They are meant to be for business use, but they will print any personalised message for you. Ive had my christmas gift labels printed up and they are great.
  • savy.lass wrote:
    Vistaprint online do 140 self adhesive return address labels for around £3.08 I think.
    They are meant to be for business use, but they will print any personalised message for you. Ive had my christmas gift labels printed up and they are great.[/QUOT

ttp://www.vistaprint.co.uk/vp/ns/splash/splash_return_address_labels.aspx?GP=10%2F15%2F2006+6%3A55%3A35+PM

You can get them free just pay postage.

HTH
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • If you can draw a little, or have any rubber stamps, then this looks simple enough and could be livened up with ribbon.
    http://www.sunset.com/sunset/Premium/Food/2002/10-Oct/BOW1002/BOWBreadinBottle1002.html
    ...it is not of more importance than daily life, which I have an enduring wish to make as useful and beautiful as possible.

Georgie Burne-Jones
  • I just did DIY labels for my jams. Got a roll of brown paper, cut out rectangles, chopped the corners off and got a black pen did litle dots around the edge of the whole label - like stitches on fabric I suppose, as a decoration and wrote the type of jam with a little picture of a blackberry, damson etc on. Glues it to the jars with a glue stick et voila. Looks more homemmade that way.

For the top (to hide the lid) I cut out brown paper in a circle a few cm in diameter wider than the lid diameter and fastened it with a bit of raffia straw (from craft shop) for a rustic feel.
  • I did mine on the PC, there's a page with a photo and info of where to download the program etc here Homemade Labels If anyone wants any of the info on the page feel free to PM me.
    NSD Challenge 2010:Jul 12/12 ;); Jun 21/14 :T; May : 6/6 :D
    GC 2010: Jul £134.03/£150.00 :cool:; Jun £278.86/£275.00 :mad:; May £276.13/£280.00 :T
  • Some Christmassy labels from Office...you can change the wording to whatever you need!

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/templates/TC011621201033.aspx?CategoryID=CT011815341033&AxInstalled=1
    Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure