Hiding/Muting a forum/sub forum

This morning 80%+ of new posts on my timeline are competitions/advents - is there any way to hide/mute these that have no interest ?

Comments

• wavelets
    wavelets Posts: 1,164
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    k3lvc wrote: »
    This morning 80%+ of new posts on my timeline are competitions/advents - is there any way to hide/mute these that have no interest ?

You can view your subscriptions within your User CP

User CP>List Subscriptions

There you can then delete the subscription or update the subscription type

Tick the appropriate box(es) >Make the appropriate selectrion from the drop down menu at the bottom "Selected Threads">Go

To avoid doing this in future, you can also set/revise your
    'Default Thread Subscription Mode' within your User CP

User CP>Edit Options>Second box under second category 'Messaging & Notification'
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite

What do you mean by timeline? Todays or new posts link?
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,272
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    If like me you use "see New posts" all the time, it would be great if you could "exclude" say the competitions sub-forum from them. I think this is what the OP is after. If there's a way, i'd love to know too.
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.47% of current retirement "pot" (as at end February 2024)
  • fermi
    Forumite
    Sea_Shell wrote: »
    If like me you use "see New posts" all the time, it would be great if you could "exclude" say the competitions sub-forum from them. I think this is what the OP is after. If there's a way, i'd love to know too.

Might be worth bookmarking one of these links in your browser.

See new posts (excluding comp boards)

See new posts - sorted by thread start time (excluding comp boards)

See today's posts (excluding comp boards)

See today's posts - sorted by thread start time (excluding comp boards)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,175
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Sea_Shell wrote: »

Exactly this - I usually view either 'subscriptions' or 'new posts' - it would be useful to exclude a specific folder(s) from 'new posts'
  • k3lvc
    Forumite
    fermi wrote: »
    Might be worth bookmarking one of these links in your browser.

See new posts (excluding comp boards)

And this does exactly what I wanted :beer:
  • k3lvc
    Forumite
    And this does exactly what I wanted :beer:

But apparently only as a one off as a bookmark - if i click on 'new posts' again to refresh I'm back to square one - have to exit and rerun bookmark :(
  • fermi
    Forumite
    But apparently only as a one off as a bookmark - if i click on 'new posts' again to refresh I'm back to square one - have to exit and rerun bookmark :(

Yeah, you need to bookmark the link and always use that afresh each time.

It is basically a link to instigate a forum search with certain parameters (which is what the normal 'New posts' link does), but here with some extra ones added in a syntax the board understands. It is not changing any forum settings, as there are no persistent user facing ones to change on this. So each time to perform that search afresh, you will need to re-use the link you bookmarked.

Not a perfect solution, sorry.

• k3lvc
    Forumite
    Thanks - better than I had :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts