12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• Aunty-Pickle
    Aunty-Pickle Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 December 2014 at 10:59AM
    Options
    Congratulations missymoo and Princess Kate - and millysg! 24 weeks and off to the big girls thread!! :j

But yes, stay and lurk awhile until a few more of us can join you - not long for a few of us. I'm 24 weeks on Christmas Eve!

ooh, jedi, just noticed from the list, I think you have a scan today? Hope all goes well!

Angelmommy and Bezzyk, I think you're probably due a 20 week scan sometime soon? Hope you're both ok and everything is going well pregnancy-wise.
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • Nisha_B
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies!

Hope you're all well today. Having a terrible time with sickness and now I'm unable to keep anything down, which previously agreed with me. is anyone else still suffering with nausea/sickness?

On the upside, following Monday's scan I've now received my date for 20 week scan which is 13th Feb! :T

RingToBe - sorry to hear about your troubles! Hope everything works itself out x
  • Angelmommy
    Options
    Hi ladies,

Sorry I've been absent a lot lately; been busy with baby etc and just seem to have sickness and colds galore!

20wk scan today. Excited to see baby but a bit gutted that we've decided on team yellow and therefore won't find out the gender. Meh! Forgot to get all my £1 coins ready so off to asda in a bit to annoy the self service tills with one item per note lol. Can't believe how fast it's going.

Ringtobe - that sucks. I hate how much the medical profession seem to contradict themselves. I can't help but wanted to send hugs. Xx

Hope you're all doing ok and morning sickness has now finally burgered off!

Xxx
    DD1 June 1997:o
    :AOct 1999
    DD2 May 2004:o
    :ANov 2012
    DS November 2013;)
    DD3 May 2015:o
  • Angelmommy
    Options
    Auntypickle. Yes thank you. I can't update the list on my phone but it's today and we're team yellow. Exactly 20wks.

Hi Nisha, sorry you're still suffering. MS sucks. I hope it passes very soon for you and yes, things that had been ok, we're often not a day or do later.

X
    DD1 June 1997:o
    :AOct 1999
    DD2 May 2004:o
    :ANov 2012
    DS November 2013;)
    DD3 May 2015:o
  • jediquigley
    Options
    Had 20 week scan this morning baby is very healthy although they did note a low lying placenta. So we have a 32 week scan booked to check it has moved. I pray it moves as otherwise I will be going down the csection route again. I know it most cases it does move.

Was great to see baby, amazing how detailed it is, we have remained team yellow although me and dh think we saw something lol we said how it's easy to think you saw something as in a willy then see nothing. Lol.

Anyways no appts now till end of January with midwife.

Hope everyone is getting ready for Christmas. I am not at work today but popping in for the Christmas party at work when secret Santa is being handed out, taking my little boy in with me so he can see all the offices as we have had a competition of best decorated office so there are some crazy looking ones.
    :jMarried 16/07/2010, ds1 born 11/08/12, baby due 08/05/2015
  • Aunty-Pickle
    Options
    *** DO NOT DELETE - To update this list, quote the post and remove the quote boxes ***

Recent graduates (who are still welcome :p!):
    Mrs_T_M - 24th February
    Pington - Twins 8th March (expected 14th Feb)
    Bubblepops - 21st March
    Carrot34 – Twins 25th March
    Always_alone – 27th March
    Tilly_dreams – 28th March
    Danielley – 1st April
    x_missymoo_x - 7th April
    Princess Kate - 8th April
    Millysg1 - 8th April

Current list:
    Trixsie1989 - 14th April - 20 week scan 28th November
    Aunty-Pickle - 15th April - 20 week scan 26th November
    georgie262 - 22nd April - 20 week scan 2nd December
    gayleygoo - 22nd April - 20 week scan 3rd December
    Phoenix01 - 25th April - scan first week December
    ( Downhillfast's OH ) - 3rd May - 20 week scan 19th December
    Angelmommy - 6th May - 20 week scan 17th December
    Bezzyk - 7th May
    Jediquigley - 8th may - 20 week scan 17th December
    Janed9388 - 17th May - 20 week scan 29th December
    RingToBe - 30th May - 20 week scan 8th January
    hippihaz - 2nd June - 20 week scan 14th January
    krustylouise - 5th June - 20 week scan ?21st January
    ashtray heart - 6th June - 20 week scan 26th January
    wendz86 - 5/8 June
    lemonmelon - 13th June
    Nisha B - 22nd June - 20 week scan 13th February

WHEN YOU SEE THIS POST DO YOUR PELVIC FLOOR EXERCISES!!!
  • Aunty-Pickle
    Aunty-Pickle Posts: 499 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 December 2014 at 12:21PM
    Options
    Nisha B - I'm sorry you're still being sick and nauseous. It's really horrible and miserable. :(
    I found that eating small amounts often kind of helped. (I carried round a pot of digestive biscuits everywhere and would nibble on them frequently!) My lunch-time is currently 11.30am because I can't last longer than that. If I don't eat every 3 or 4 hours then I feel sick.
    Sips of water (or whatever you're able to drink) - if I drank more than a few mouthfuls at once I was sick.
    Actually, I carried around a (small) bucket, a bottle of water, my biscuits and a wadge of kitchen paper towel most places! Someone I know carried round airplane sick bags - slightly more discreet than a bucket!

Angelmommy - don't worry about how often you do or don't post! We're here to be supportive so if and when you need us we're here! If you don't need us, or if life is rushing past that's fine. :)

oh jedi, glad you had a good scan - I guess you'll have to wait and find out if you really did see anything :wink:
    Sorry you have a low-lying placenta. I think you're right - that most will move up by themselves. And it could still be low-lying but not covering the cervix. Hopefully the next scan will show that it's nowhere near the "exit"!!

Hope everyone else is ok. :p
  • millysg1
    Options
    Yes, 24 weeks today. Its just so crazy. I cant believe im off the Current List and graduated already. Ill stick around till we are all happy to move to the BIG group! ahhhhh.

I have my Midwife appointment on Monday as I am on holiday for Christmas from Friday for 2 weeks. Cannot wait, I really really need a break. Im so very tired at the moment. Need to recharge.
  • RingToBe
    Options
    georgie262 wrote: »
    Hi Ringtobe sorry you had such a hard time after your first labour - sounds terrible. I feel like I've read your story before have you posted on another thread/forum recently? I would just start by asking lots of questions. Speak to the consultants and ask specifically why you couldn't have a natural birth again and then put this to the midwives who have said they can't see why not.
    I had an emergency c-Section with my DS1 and although previously I had said I categorically do not want one it wasn't actually that bad. Yes the recovery time was longer (but possibly not in your case from what you've said) but the overall experience was not that bad and for me this was after 2 days of labour! I've been given the choice of what I want and am in a total quandary I have no idea what to do :-(

I do have a blog, so maybe you've seen that before, but I've only recently started posting again in the last few days!

I'm just trying to get my head around it so I can go in with the consultant in January and have a sound idea of how I'd like things to go - obviously very hard when I don't have 100% answers from anybody! I'm thinking I could have 2 or 3 "ideal" scenarios, and then depending on what advice I'm given, pick from those.

I've been told I can't give birth naturally without it putting a strain on my "downstairs" issues and possibly rendering me incontinent. Maybe if I was 85 with grown up children, but since I'm only 25 with, what will be, two young babies, I don't really want the extra strain or have my quality of life affected further. However, there is no guarantee of this happening, so I could put my foot down and say I want to have a natural birth, but then is it really worth running all those risks?

I'm in no way worried about going for a C-section, as I had completely been preparing mentally for it for a while, so I'm not too worried. It's just that I so had my hopes on giving birth myself with no intervention last time and because it went so wrong I wanted to have the chance to try again. So when they told me absolutely no way, I was really rocked.

From the face of it (and without knowing all the details) I would be tempted to say that I would put more trust in the opinions of your "regular" consultants who surely are more aware of and more knowledgeable about your previous experience and the impact it has had on you physically (and mentally).

Is having a scheduled c-section - as much as that might not be your preferred choice - the "better" option in terms of having a controlled birth experience, with less risk of further complications to pre-existing conditions?
    Or, are the risks of a c-section, coupled with the feeling of disappointment and lack of choice, too much to contend with?

For what it's worth, when I was going to have to have a c-section, I talked to my best friend who had one (scheduled for twins). She really reassured me that it was a completely calm and wonderful experience. Is there anyone you can talk to who has gone through a c-section?

I guess I may not really be helping! I'm sure your head feels like it's going round in circles with no definitive option being obviously "better" than the other - just pros and cons for each.

When do you have to make a decision by?

I'm definitely more in favour of my regular consultants' opinions as it stands, but when someone dangles the "natural birth" carrot in front of me, I can't help but wonder whether they're not fully aware of my problems, or if they are genuinely happy for me to go ahead as they don't think it's that big of a risk?

That's exactly what I'm contending with right now. I am fully considering, depending on what the consultant says at my next appointment, to try for a natural birth and should any problems arise, be whisked straight into theatre. I will no way allow them to use instruments again. The only issues I have with this are that, at what point do they say 'enough is enough' and take me in for a section. And secondly, I don't want the baby to be head out and get stuck, then they are forced to use instruments.

I don't have to make a decision right this second, though I suspect it will have to be by week 26 as I've been told this is when I'd likely get a date for section delivery.

Guess I'm just going to have to wait to see what this blummin' consultant says!

Congratulations to those who are at week 24; how exciting that you'll be moving on to the third and final thread.

So glad to hear all the scans are going well, I can't wait for mine. Will it be pink or bluuuue? xx
    DS born 30.08.13 :happyhear
    DS #2 due 30.05.15

2015 Wins iCandy Emilia changing bag and vintage knit blanket | Mother's day hamper | Slumbersac | £80 kid's clothes from Amelia Ela | Britax car seat and isofix base | A print from The Milk Collective
  • Aunty-Pickle
    Options
    RingToBe wrote: »
    I'm definitely more in favour of my regular consultants' opinions as it stands, but when someone dangles the "natural birth" carrot in front of me, I can't help but wonder whether they're not fully aware of my problems, or if they are genuinely happy for me to go ahead as they don't think it's that big of a risk?

That's exactly what I'm contending with right now. I am fully considering, depending on what the consultant says at my next appointment, to try for a natural birth and should any problems arise, be whisked straight into theatre. I will no way allow them to use instruments again. The only issues I have with this are that, at what point do they say 'enough is enough' and take me in for a section. And secondly, I don't want the baby to be head out and get stuck, then they are forced to use instruments.

I guess these are all things that you can discuss with the consultant - in terms of whether or not you could try for a vaginal delivery and if there might be any "warning signs" which would then indicate that you need a c-section so you still have both options available?

Pregnancy and impending motherhood is so confusing with so many choices to make! I'm sure things were easier 100 years ago when you "just" had the baby at home and it slept in a drawer and you "just" carried on with life ;) :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure