Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Qwerty789 wrote: »
    Whilst I'm not disagreeing, this is a generalisation. My last exchange with them was to confirm their correspondence address for serving such notices. However as above I'd really like to avoid needing to do so, public debate on the chances of success notwithstanding, and don't want to prejudice Matt's ability to resolve it beforehand.

I believe what you are doing is fair and will finally be resolved. I hope you are not offered half under the 'fair play policy', which can be the norm (when it worked), because they failed you here and failed you badly. You should have been advised many, many months ago of this 'fair play policy' and not just because of a belated forum post on a massive consumer forum.

I will give it another 14 days for TCB to complete their investigation.

At the end of this time I shall, if still no further forward with the cashback becoming Payable, contact Nationwide directly and make a formal complaint leading to investigation by the Ombudsman.

Again, I believe this is fair. You know where to take this now if not fully resolved within 14 days. More than reasonable, considering the promotional material failed badly.
    Good luck, but if you have to start that complaint, you then know that the clock is ticking. Hopefully your 14 day clock will trigger that alarm!

I'll do this with Direct Line, once the initial 18 weeks have passed. I was going to lodge a complaint immediately, but because I'd also be contacting the FCA regarding the conduct of both cashback site and merchant, it's fair to give the cashback site 14 days to try and resolve things.
    Hopefully, I won't need to go down that route (again), but the 18 week line is rapidly appearing and this merchant appears to still act in the way it did in the past.
    To be fair to the merchant, it could well be TCBs issue for placing an 18 week estimate, but that's something for merchant / cashback site to resolve. I just go with the marketing material.

@Matt, don't worry too much about the stats. Well done to TCB for only attracting merchants who give a 98% or higher satisfaction rating. Some achievement indeed.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    2010 Posts: 5,351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 3 February 2016 at 9:06AM
    2010 wrote: »
    When all is said and done and you`re another X amount of months down the line and still being fobbed off you`ll need this:

[Text removed by Forum Team]

I note that the address I gave here for TCB has been removed.

Why would a good, honest, "fair play" company want it`s postal address kept secret?

Maybe Matt will tell us.
  • B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    2010 wrote: »
    I note that the address I gave here for TCB has been removed.

Why would a good, honest, "fair play" company want it`s postal address kept secret?

Maybe Matt will tell us.

This information is widely available. to be honest.
    TCBs details for example are listed on 'The Financial Services Register' - registered address, email and phone contact.
    But I prefer to go down the Ombudsman route, initially at least, as that can often bring results. Easily, form the 'decent' merchants who understand customers have been let down.
    TCB is registered and regulated by the FCA, but acts only an 'appointed representative'.
    This is a firm or individual that can act on behalf of another firm (its principal) that is authorised in the UK or regulated in another EEA country. The principal is responsible for the appointed representative's activities.
    So, the formal complaint would go to the 'principal', or merchant. I'd imagine the 'principal' is also responsible for the marketing material of their 'appointed representative'? But, as above, allowing the 'appointed representative' 14 days to try and resolve matters would seem fair practice. If the 'appointed representative' can identify the complaint fully and have the skills and desire to bring a complaint to fruition, then what more could you ask for? Customer service, that really is customer service, is the key.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
    2010 Posts: 5,351 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    B_M wrote: »
    This information is widely available. to be honest.
    TCBs details for example are listed on 'The Financial Services Register' - registered address, email and phone contact.

Then why have it removed?
    Maybe Matt would like to tell us if he requested it removed and why.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Everyone,

Here we are in the middle of the week again!

@Yorkshire Pud - The cashback network works with batches of transactions and so it can take them sometimes several weeks to reply back to us and therefore I would urge you to allow this time to pass.

@B_M
    - We must thank our members for rating these merchants so highly because after all, that's how the stats are calculated :)

@2010 - We are not in control of this forum and MSE do have their own rules for contact details etc. Our Postal Address is available on our website and can be found there if anyone needs it.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I haven't read all those previous posts, who would have the time? What has upset us is that both of our accounts have had £5.00 deducted from our cashback so we can be premium members, I never wanted to be, I just wanted the cashback :-(
    Blackpool_Saver is female, and does not live in Blackpool

• B_M
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 4 February 2016 at 9:22AM
    A very, very surprising update. Nationwide went straight to 'payable' overnight and totally missing out 'confirmed'. So, I'd imagine there are many happy members today who were waiting for Nationwide to pay, especially the long overdue ones!
    I have multiple transactions with financial purchases coming, or should be coming to fruition soon via TCB. I will challenge each and every one slightly after the 'estimate payment date' passes. I believe these 'estimates' are there to mislead and the amount of delays back my beliefs up.
    First will be British Gas, they have 3 weeks to pay.
    Fully satisfied and paid out.

Aviva will be the first week in February, if not paid - these are usually good though.
    Fully satisfied and paid out.
    Direct Line will be the middle of February, these won't get a day after the 18 weeks, as 18 weeks is well long enough!
    (still at confirmed, a high risk and one of the hardest to resolve). The 'naughty' one and has moved from 18 weeks estimate to 22 weeks! My deadline is still 18 weeks.
    British Gas again, but I will give them to early April.
    (Still at pending, but early still).
    Nationwide, again April, probably mid April.
    (Still at pending, but again, early still). Aware of potential issues and watching closely. Went straight to payable! Requested payment.
    Three down and just two to go. Although British Gas appears to have dropped their 'home insurance' promotion (maybe temporary?), I'm fairly confident of that one. Just the 'high risk' one to closely watch, but I was fully aware of that one and took the risk for a reason or two.
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Hello

Could you look at a couple of transactions for me

1) British Gas - promoted as average payment time 8 weeks, and a Faster Paying merchant. My 1st October transaction is now at 16 weeks and has been confirmed for well over a month, passing the Faster Paying merchant dealine.

2) Co-operative bank current account - 4th June 2015 This has also been confirmed for ages and is now 7 months.

Can you check why neither of these have paid but sat at confirmed for ages?

My tcb user name is the same as here

Thanks
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 February 2016 at 3:07PM
    @B_M thanks for the alert, now my Nationwide Credit Card, opened in December, TCB did indeed go from Pending to Payable overnight BUT alas my six month confirmed Nationwide Current Account TCB has not moved so there must be a non standard problem (which TCB have been chasing up for the last ten weeks without any resolution!?)

Tick tock 12 days left before I make my complaint to Nationwide directly:o

My complaint is Pending moving to Confirmed on 16th.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all well!

@Blackpool_Saver - Don't worry I'm happy to help with your Plus Membership. Please drop me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk and I'll be happy to discuss the options available to you.

@B_M - I am glad to hear more of your transactions have now progressed :D

@bxboards – In both of your cases we have not been able to progress the cashback as we have not yet been paid for the commission to cover the cashback amount. These kind of transactions are looked into by the cashback network which I am sure you are aware and as soon as we are paid for your transactions we will be able to progress them for you.

@Yorkshire Pud - Hopefully we are also paid for your transaction soon so we can progress it for you 

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback