12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• Faith177
    Faith177 Posts: 2,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had my appointment today. Baby is very active. Recorded heartbeat of around 156bpm. Next appointment is whooping cough injection and then GTT at 26 weeks ☺️

Glad all ok happy x
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • GingerSaurus
    Options
    Thanks Faith, you’ve reminded me that I wanted to go to Aldi tomorrow morning. I ordered a few things when the sale started online but some things I wanted were already sold out or in store only.

Over the past week I’ve noticed that my jeans have become much tighter. I still don’t have a bump, I just look like I overindulged at Christmas! I’m not sure whether it’s time for maternity jeans yet or if I should just buy a bigger size for now, any thoughts?
  • HappyLassie13
    Options
    Thank you Faith :)

I think the new look maternity jeans are lovely and very comfy Ginger, and they'd last a while if you were to get them now and grow with your bump :)
    I've just been living in bigger sized leggings!
  • Ariel85
    Ariel85 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

Haven’t been on here for a while! Had 12 week scan on NYE and all OK, due date moved by 2 days to the 13th July. I don’t have much of a bump either, just looks like Xmas podge to me. My jeans are definitely tighter though and so been wearing more dresses with tights/leggings. I’m tempted to try on a bigger size jean tomorrow to see how they feel before I move to maternity jeans - don’t feel ready for those yet!!

I have bought a few maternity bits in the sales though to try. Mainly because they were massively reduced (summer dresses) and we are going to Spain for a week in April and will need some lighter clothes.

Also been buying a few bits for baby, mainly clothes but got a Moses bases and a couple of other bits from ALDI yesterday. Trying to rein in the purchasing as well aware things can still go wrong (my friend had a MC at 15 weeks at the weekend) but it’s proving quite difficult...
  • GingerSaurus
    Options
    I’m the same, we haven’t bought anything big yet but baby has quite a lot of clothes already. Every time I see my mum she’s bought it something else as well!

I told my boss yesterday and plan on telling the rest of my team next week. It’s all starting to seem more real now!
  • Faith177
    Options
    Thanks Faith, you’ve reminded me that I wanted to go to Aldi tomorrow morning. I ordered a few things when the sale started online but some things I wanted were already sold out or in store only.

Over the past week I’ve noticed that my jeans have become much tighter. I still don’t have a bump, I just look like I overindulged at Christmas! I’m not sure whether it’s time for maternity jeans yet or if I should just buy a bigger size for now, any thoughts?
    Thank you Faith :)

I think the new look maternity jeans are lovely and very comfy Ginger, and they'd last a while if you were to get them now and grow with your bump :)
    I've just been living in bigger sized leggings!
    Ariel85 wrote: »
    Hi all

Haven’t been on here for a while! Had 12 week scan on NYE and all OK, due date moved by 2 days to the 13th July. I don’t have much of a bump either, just looks like Xmas podge to me. My jeans are definitely tighter though and so been wearing more dresses with tights/leggings. I’m tempted to try on a bigger size jean tomorrow to see how they feel before I move to maternity jeans - don’t feel ready for those yet!!

I have bought a few maternity bits in the sales though to try. Mainly because they were massively reduced (summer dresses) and we are going to Spain for a week in April and will need some lighter clothes.

Also been buying a few bits for baby, mainly clothes but got a Moses bases and a couple of other bits from ALDI yesterday. Trying to rein in the purchasing as well aware things can still go wrong (my friend had a MC at 15 weeks at the weekend) but it’s proving quite difficult...

I am SO jealous of all of you I've been in maternity clothes since the first week in December and I was only 9 weeks!!

My mum was the same with me though got big quickly but then it levelled out so fingers crossed that's the same lol

Brought lots of bits in the aldi sale and some in the dunelm sale today and for all my trouble Moshie (nickname for the bump) has paid me back by giving me chronic heartburn at 3am the pass two mornings and it's been constant today at this rate I'm buying shares in indigestion tablets :rotfl:plus if the old wives tale is true about heartburn meaning a hairy baby I think I'm carrying one of Chewbecca's relatives!
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Day 27/04/2013, Baby Moshie due 29/06/2019 :T
  • GingerSaurus
    Options
    My friend had lots of heartburn and had the hairiest baby I’ve ever seen so it could be true!
  • Ariel85
    Ariel85 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Haha, you will have to report back after baby is born Faith to see if it’s true!

I haven’t told work yet, thinking of telling HR in the next couple of weeks but really don’t want to tell my current manager, we don’t exactly get along and she is only interim. Hoping for some more news on our teams situation by the end of the month so will probably tell her then but only if I really have to!
  • Faith177
    Options
    My friend had lots of heartburn and had the hairiest baby I’ve ever seen so it could be true!
    Ariel85 wrote: »
    Haha, you will have to report back after baby is born Faith to see if it’s true!

I haven’t told work yet, thinking of telling HR in the next couple of weeks but really don’t want to tell my current manager, we don’t exactly get along and she is only interim. Hoping for some more news on our teams situation by the end of the month so will probably tell her then but only if I really have to!

Thanks Ginger probably going to take after OH then I'm sure he's part werewolf :rotfl:

I will Ariel lol hope it goes ok with work mine have been pretty ok but had to tell them at 5 weeks as had to go to hospital to check it wasnt eptopic and then we had a threatened MC
  • Mufenecko
    Options
    hi there I need help I am from beginning of my pregnancy in my account Tree in Slovakia in September last year I figure it out I'm pregnant now I need to cover all my expenses here in Slovakia because I want to give a birth to my child here. my question is if I can get MATB1 from GP or midwife if I take flight to England and then I will go back to Slovakia and they didn't see me from the beginning of my pregnancy? Can I get this certificate if they will see me for the first time? because what I know is I can get the certificate only after 20 weeks of pregnancy and I am in 24th so it's okay
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback