Topcashback Questions & Answers

Comments

• Can TopCashBack please confirm what should be done in this situation:
    I've clicked on a link on your site taking me to Tesco Mobile. After filling in all the details to make a purchase there, including providing my card and account numbers, the merchant said I should call them to confirm my details and gave a reference number.
    I know how capricious your rules are in terms of completing orders wholly online so I am perplexed as to what I should do now.
    I've tried doing the purchase from two different browsers and gave them a couple of email addresses. They still come up with the same message - please give us a call to confirm.
    I want to make sure Tesco Mobile are not interrupting the purchase on purpose when they see that I've come from your site so that later on they or you could deny the cashback using the online only policy excuse.
    Please confirm ASAP what I should do to complete the purchase from them and they/you won't be able to deny me the cashback later on if I call Tesco Mobile as per their own request.
  • Another shameful response by Topcashback, which instead of focusing on improving their customer services, runs questionable marketing campaigns with b-list celebrities and "chase the bird" games.
    In July 2017, I signed up with Activequote.com Life Insurance for a lucrative £120 cashback. All went well, premiums got paid but (as with many other Topcashback cases), cashback never appeared. I submitted my claim promptly and waited. Two weeks ago (and 17 months after the transaction and the claim submission) I received a message that "the retailed has expired with the affiliate network" and therefore, Topcashback cannot "chase the claim further". So, in brief Topcashback allowed for my claim to stand idle for so long, didn't do anything about it and now sends me annoying messages saying that "they can't do anything about it".
    This is unacceptable; obviously if you leave something for so long, you increase the possibility that it won't get accepted or that the retailer will cease to have an affiliation with the network or Topcashback or the network to close down.
    I don't accept that "cashback isn't guaranteed" as an excuse. I provided the required information, I submitted the claim on time and I do expect that one of the two biggest cashback sites in the U.K. to have guaranteed resolutions (one way or another) within a reasonable timeframe.
    At least on a similar occasion, Quidco would have offered a portion of the cashback from their own pockets. Topcashback prefers to print pompous quotes instead - time to change course.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,851 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 December 2018 at 5:54PM
    Hello all,

Apologies if I'm in the wrong place for this - I am new to the forums.

I have downloaded the TopCashback App and wanted to scan receipts into it but am unsure of a few things - wondered if anyone could help?

1. I pay in cash in-store for groceries - would I still be eligible for cashback?

2. Is there a way I just scan in lots of receipts for the app to find if there are any eligible items for cashback or do I have to check the items that come up on the App - there doesn't seem to be many items that come up on the In-store Groceries section.

3. How often do the items on offer change? How often would you recommend checking it?

4. How old can the receipt be? Is there a limit on when the purchase was made? It would be easier to check it less frequently with a batch of receipts but perhaps might miss offers if doing this?

Thanks in advance for any insight.
    1. Yes
    2. No, you have to select the item and submit the receipt with that item on it.
    3. Every 2 weeks changing on alternate Thursdays. There are occasionally one off short term, often higher value, offers as well.
    4. You need to purchase the items and submit the scan during the offer period
  • Thank you molerat for your help!
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey Everyone

@marianne_13 Welcome to this forum, @Molerat has beaten me to the information but if you do have any further queries please let me know and I will do my best to help

@ppp123 We would advise to speak with the retailer to ask them why you are unable to complete the purchase online but make sure you do not purchase over the phone as this would be ineligible. We would also advise to clear all browser data again before clicking through our site to make the purchase with the retailer after having the conversation with them.

@jamichi1 I am sorry that you have received this resolution. We do need the claims to be reviewed by the network before the team can be told the outcome so they can resolve your claim. Sometimes this can take time and unfortunately this has resulted in your claim being declined.
    I can assure you that our team do not purposely delay anything and can only work as fast as the information allows them to. I would also like the team to take a closer look into this and we would advise to either email our team or submit a support ticket and we can investigate further.

Best Wishes

Phil
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • jamichi1
    jamichi1 Posts: 196 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey Everyone

@jamichi1 I am sorry that you have received this resolution. We do need the claims to be reviewed by the network before the team can be told the outcome so they can resolve your claim. Sometimes this can take time and unfortunately this has resulted in your claim being declined.
    I can assure you that our team do not purposely delay anything and can only work as fast as the information allows them to. I would also like the team to take a closer look into this and we would advise to either email our team or submit a support ticket and we can investigate further.

Best Wishes

Phil

I have already been in an extended conversation with your colleagues. Sadly, I have received a lot of copied&pasted text from your scripted responses, but no outcome. Therefore, I would request that someone looked into this properly.
  • Hi Matt,

Happy New Year.

How often do you think I should keep reminding TopCashBack about my outstanding claim.

I now get a monthly duplicate message saying the company is still looking into it as you described below. This is getting extremely exasperating.

Surely the process cannot be so complex that it takes so long.
    1. TopCashBack confirm with supplier that claim is valid.
    2. If claim is valid, supplier pays TopCashBack, TopCashBack pays customer.
    3. If claim is not valid then TopCashBack shows declined and customer is aware.

I am extremely surprised that the above takes over a year.

My next option will be to tweet your brand ambassador, Rachel Riley, telling her the outstanding date and asking her to help with the maths!

Thanks,

Steve

Hey everyone,

@steve_taylor_ - First of all, I am sorry you feel you are getting similar responses but truth be told until we have an outcome for you, we can’t offer much in the way of an update which is why you will see us only be able to tell you a limited amount of info.

There are a range of ways our team chase the networks to ensure we get a response this ranges from calls, documents, emails and sometimes can be meetings too. We follow every route we can to get you an update and a response as this is what we want for you.

@Justice13075 – This can take seven days to track and as this hasn’t tracked you will need to lodge a claim for this I am afraid.

Best wishes,
    Matt
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone,

@jamichi1 – If you email across to mse@topcashback.co.uk I will be sure to check this out for you. I can’t promise I can give a different sort of response compared to what you have been given already because if it’s something like we haven’t been replied to obviously that’s a wall that needs to be broken down before we can give you that answer.

@steve_taylor_ - The honest answer? We are aware when cashback is taking a long time. We keep an eye on our retailers and have a team who speak to networks regularly whether this be about claims or outstanding transactions.

Happy to look into a specific transaction if you drop me an email though 😊

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Lawcraft
    Lawcraft Posts: 11 Forumite
    I now get a monthly duplicate message saying the company is still looking into it as you described below. This is getting extremely exasperating.

Surely the process cannot be so complex that it takes so long.
    1. TopCashBack confirm with supplier that claim is valid.
    2. If claim is valid, supplier pays TopCashBack, TopCashBack pays customer.
    3. If claim is not valid then TopCashBack shows declined and customer is aware.
    I am extremely surprised that the above takes over a year.
    I think the main problem is that some suppliers have bad payment discipline. unde.gif
  • laudan
    laudan Posts: 235 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 January 2019 at 7:29PM
    Booked a holiday with Expedia paid in full which tracked at correct amount showing pending 18.10.2018, still showing pending now nearly 3 months later should it not have confirmed by now? I raised a ticket and the reply was they are paid in batches I wasn’t asking for it to be paid but just for it to be confirmed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback