FREE mince pie

onashoestring
onashoestring Posts: 1,631 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
edited 6 November 2018 at 5:06PM in Freebies (low spend)
MyWaitrose card holders FREE mince pie when you buy a coffee or tea
from the cafe.

T&Cs : Selected branches only. Purchase a qualifying hot drink and get a free mince pie from the cafe. Selected lines in Waitrose caf!s, please see in branch for details. Subject to availability. See individual price tickets for details. The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Offer not available online. Excludes motorway service stations, Leckford Estate, Welcome Break and petrol stations. Offer valid until 13 November.

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Tue 06 Nov:

MyWaitrose card holders can claim a free mince pie when they purchase a tea or coffee from the caf!.

The offer is valid until Tue 13 Nov in selected branches only, excluding motorway service stations, Leckford Estate, Welcome Break and petrol stations.

If you don’t fancy the mince pie, you can get the tea or coffee free instead, when you buy anything – even a banana. See Waitrose ‘free’ tea & coffee.

Big thanks to onashoestring for the spot!
[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• "get the tea or coffee free instead, when you buy anything" - at my local Waitrose, this is no longer true. I don't know if policy has changed across the country or if it's a decision by individual branches. You now have to have a reusable cup, anything with a lid I was told, in order to get your free cuppa.

I haven't bought a reusable cup because I never buy drinks in disposable ones anyway. In the car I have a plastic water bottle which I've been refilling for months, if not years. I doubt they'd have said that qualifies. The cost of a purpose-built reusable cup would be more than the amount I spend in a whole year in hot drinks outside my own home, and I can't remember the last time I grabbed one to take away - it just isn't part of my lifestyle. That half-hour in the Waitrose caf! was going to be a special treat.

I realise this puts me in a very small minority, but it still feels unfair, as the freebie never was served in a disposable takeaway cup - it was always a ceramic cup and saucer. Waitrose are forcing us to spend money which saves them the cost of washing the crockery, instead of saving plastic.

I'm not going to buy a reusable cup (made of plastic!), and Waitrose lose the profit on the rare piece of cake that I would have bought to go with the freebie. If I must pay for my cuppa, I can't afford the snack as well. In fact they probably lose my custom in the supermarket altogether... I suspect I'm not in their target demographic! And they won't care.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure