PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,154 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Pleasures for today (Thursday).

1) Not a bad sleep - though up at 7 again and will be for the foreseeable future!

2) Smaller son had a reasonable day at school and bigger son was at college 2-5. The only information I have been able to prise out of him is that there are only 7 people doing his course. This can't be a bad thing.

3) Hens OK.

4) Worked quite hard this morning. Sanded the beams in the living room (getting off drips of plaster and splodges of paint that I have been meaning to do since the ceiling was replaced - in 2011!) Less than 2 hours to do the sanding, more than 2 hours to clean up the mess afterwards.

5) Bigger son made lunch.

6) Tasty tea of chicken with various vegetables plus tomatoes and cannellini beans.

7) Caught up with GBBO.
  • Thursday pleasures

Dry day until about 7:00 p.m.

DH took DSis to her cardiology appointment & despite the traffic/roadworks managed to arrive on time - had a full English when appointment over.

I dropped off bags at CS - shop was closed (again) :( but managed to find somewhere to leave the bags safely :)

Only 11 bits of litter picked up today as different walk & didn’t know where the bins were :(

Sm was busier than I like but did manage to finally buy some wholegrain mustard :rotfl: but still no lacto free skimmed milk in store (for DSis)

Toad in the hole with mash, fried onions & gravy for dinner. The batter was a disappointment as the sausages were too meaty & didn’t release any fat :eek: need cheap sausages next time :rotfl: oh well, live & learn :rotfl:

Fox paid a visit :)

Watched one of my favourite films ‘Serenity’

Reading your posts

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Ollie. Rule of BoP. This will hurt them more than you! At ‘em!

For all others reading this on your way to work!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

BoP is currently pacing his bags!
  • 5 Blessings for yesterday

1. Another reasonable sleep

2. Physio appointment - progress quite good - improved 'bend' to knee / straight leg raise / sit-to-stand / wobble board / treadmill :j

3. 1kg sugar = 50p in Home8argains / Coffee whitener 69p

4. Walked/limped-with-stick back home from town centre. Had to stop for a rest at a bus stop for a few minutes - had walked further than I thought :( .

5. Back home for LO Baked Beans on Toast for lunch and 2 plums for dessert :D

6. Evening meal for me - Whoopsied Roast Pork Salad; For OH - Ham/Onion Omelet with Salad and Oven Chips.

7. Finished evening with Emmerdale / Corrie / Vera - yaaaay :j!

Hope everybody has a good day today :D !
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Pleasures for yesterday...

1. Worked from home yesterday with our CFO (Chief Fluffy Officer) and COO (Chief Owly Officer - on account of his owlish eyes). In other words, the cats.
    2. Spent my lunchtime reclining on the sunny patio with my book. Reading Chaos Monkeys about Silicon Valley...super interesting.
    3. Copious cups of posh fruit tea consumed.
    4. Hubster came home last night. Enjoyed squishing him. Even if he's irritatingly fidgety in bed, he's still delicous.
    5. This beauty, which I won last night for £150 quid, picked up from the loveliest of ladies, and will be installing into our bedroom to return it to it's former glory.
    oi0nj013d9b7.jpg
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Bon voyage BOP and BOPSIE

Thursday pleasures,

Early morning sun slanting through the beech trees.

It was supposed to be a fast day but both Capt S and I caved when we remembered that there was cinnamon and raisin bagels in the bread bin, nom nom.

The farmer ploughed the field next to the cottage ready for Autumn planting.

Dressage lesson on princess pony, apart from a minor spook at a pigeon hiding in the hedge we were well behaved.

Driving home in the rain and remembered washing on line but lovely Capt S had got it in.

Watched Upstart Crow.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Long time since I posted. My back has been painful but have continued to work so not much time for anything ekse.

1. Back slightly better. Painkillers taken at regular intervals.

2. No work today. It is a good feeling as it has such a negative feel to it.

3. DS1 still doing ok. He's busy this weekend.

4. DS2 had a good holiday and is still asleep. He arrived home yestetday.

5. House fairly tidy. Helped as DS2 had been away!
  • Testing.

Inn Stroud at the shambles. Cheese man is here and loads of veg.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I didn't post my Thursday pleasures as I'd misplaced my ipad.

Found it! All is quiet . All is calm. Builders away POETS! yesterday was anything but quiet. Noise was horrific . Bathroom pulled out. Wall came tumbling down! Now open plan living and I like it ( just as well) it's what we were used to in Oz and what I wanted to recreate here.

Some lovely dog walks yesterday and a beautiful one this morning.

Bramble picking and found a new patch today . Was most pleased. Will be back there tomorrow.

Popped down to friends yesterday. Puppy cuddles.

Had takeaway for tea last night and son has leftovers for lunch.

Niecelys are coming tonight.

Bought flooring today. Not cheap but got discount on both lots. Some for bathrooms and 43m2 worth for downstairs. Gulp!

Builderly banter this morning was funny. Between them, the plumbers it's been very good natured.

Still having my washing machine (all sad and lonely in the kitchen ) plumbed in.

New shower is in and wet walls up. Looking good!

Have a lovely day :)

Bopsters have fun .
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,154 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    MandM90

Not sure if I can link on my phone but this is identical to my fireplace, bought on EBay for £80! We see the same fireplace all over the place.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F253583810625
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback