New attacks on I.B claimants

Comments

• Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I wouldn't be able to go to work unless someone I know came with me with & sat with me all day.

After my dad had his accident at work, (this was before they found out what it was and gave him the appropriate treatment) he got told by his employer that they wouldn't employ someone to supervise him all the time because it costs too much for them to do this.
    I think sh is referring to her eye condition making her tired not that work would make her tired as obviously work makes everyone tired especially if you do a physical job.

Yes. It takes more effort for me to do many physical tasks (such as reading) and there are various other factors that can cause me to get tired very quickly.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • Aputsiaq
    Aputsiaq Posts: 313 Forumite
    There are an awful lot of people who say "I genuinely cannot work"......neither can the obese man at 44 stones or the chronic alcoholic on 3 bottles of spirits a day.

Should they get all the benefits too?
  • Indie_Kid
    The obese man could have an underlying medical condition that makes him the weight he is?
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
  • krisskross
    krisskross Posts: 7,677 Forumite
    sh1305 wrote: »
    The obese man could have an underlying medical condition that makes him the weight he is?

!st thing any doctor does with obese patients is blood tests to rule out problems with the endocrine system that could cause obesity.

Obesity is pretty well always caused by overeating. Forget all this 'it's my glands' nonsense or 'all my family are big'.
  • headcone
    headcone Posts: 536 Forumite
    krisskross wrote: »
    !st thing any doctor does with obese patients is blood tests to rule out problems with the endocrine system that could cause obesity.

Obesity is pretty well always caused by overeating. Forget all this 'it's my glands' nonsense or 'all my family are big'.

I think you should do a little research before declaring yourself board geneticist.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/health/article1647517.ece

http://www.macroevolution.net/obesity-genes.html

http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/healthyliving/obesityandweight/whatcausesobesity/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2008/feb/07/medicalresearch.health

There`s lots more information available if you care to look.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • BLT_2
    BLT_2 Posts: 1,307 Forumite

Yep, in most cases its called 'pieeatersaurus'. 99% of Lard A**es claim they have slow metabolisms, genetic disorders or big bones.

10% of them are telling the truth, the remainder need to get their huge butts out exercising or put a lock on their fridge.
  • Indie_Kid
    krisskross wrote: »

Medication causes weight gain too.
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
  • BLT_2
    BLT_2 Posts: 1,307 Forumite

Especially when the prescription is 2 pies 3 times a day with meals :rotfl:
  • summerof0763
    summerof0763 Posts: 825 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    i have found that to,so try my hardest to maintain weight,but its a struggle
    i came into the world with nothing,and guess what? i still have it!!!:p
  • Trialia
    Trialia Posts: 1,108 Forumite

Don't I know it. I had bulimia for a while, and it's one of the reasons I can't take pregabalin - rapid weight gain resulting in severe depressive episodes. :(
    Homosexual, Unitarian, young, British, female, disabled. Do you need more?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure