One Call Insurance

Comments

• Try talking to them by telephone and if they still insist on a cancellation charge which is totally iniquitous phone the Financial Ombudsman Service. They will write to them for you and you will find like I did that miraculously One Call will change their tune. This company is absolutely diabolical in their business practices and should be severely censured by the FSA.
  • funkyg
    funkyg Posts: 6 Forumite
    Oh, this is interesting, a very current thread about One Call Insurance. So the OH came back this evening and said to me... "Just read this, I was going to sign it and send it back but I've just read it properly" - he's a !!!!!! for not doing that despite what I've told him a million times - He's had insurance with One Call for a year and it he renewed it because they actually decreased the premium (it became active yesterday), and from what I can gather they collect their premiums by direct debit via Creation Finance, he actually read the letter from creation finance properly today and it says... "Thank you for financing your insurance with One Call, we will take 36 monthly payments of £xx being 26 December 2011. THIRTY SIX!!! where they hell did they get that from??? Creation & One Call are shut now so he can't call them, but he's just reviewed the policy document he was sent via email and nowhere on it does it say that in order to get his premium lowered he has to sign up for 3 years. Anyone else experienced this?

I've had my renewal from One Call today, with the same deal. On the docs it says that it is a one year policy but if you choose to take it the price is fixed for three years.
    All that would happen is when you renewed next year it would be at the same price. (I'm still not renewing with them though)
  • I have also been a victim of One Call Insurance charges. I paid in full for 1 year motor insurance in January 2011. I have been away over Xmas 2011 and came back to find 2 emails dated the 17/12/20ll and another email dated the 7/01/ 2012. Last one saying thank you for insuring again with One Call; of which I had not agreed to anything whatsoever!! I phoned them on Saturday the 7/01/2012 to tell them I did not want to insure with them again, only to be put through to a department telling me they were only their from Monday to Friday. I waited until today; Monday morning, only to be told they had taken my money out of my account and if I wanted to cancel this insurance I would have to be charge for them doing so!! Also it would take7/14 days to put my money back in to my account, less the charges incurred!!! I am so angry to think they could do this without my written or verbal consent!! I am going to take it the Ombudsman!! I have never in all my years of insuring my car experienced this. I wish I had read what other people had written on this page before I insured with One Call last year!! I will let you know how I get on and if anyone else has successfully claimed these charges back in full, please let me know how you did this? It has ruined my day and cost me through endless phone calls, because they kept putting me through to the wrong department.
  • Having been charged £49 by One Call for cancelling car insurance an hour and a half after taking it out and being told that they would take the money from my credit card and return the difference to me by cheque. I was totally outraged by both the charge and the way they were going to take it. I immediately contacted the Financial Ombudsmen Service who were most helpful and lo and behold I got my money back on my credit card after the FOS wrote to them. Yesterday about 6 weeks after my money was returned I got a call from One Call complaints department asking me if I was happy with the outcome. I told them that although I had got my money back I was very unhappy that other people were liable to be scammed by their sharp practice. I asked the complaints department if they were aware of the amount of complaints about them on the internet and the answer was totally aware. So their you have it they just don't care and where they can get away with it they will. So if you feel that you are the victim of their sharp practice or outrageous charges go to to the FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN SERVICE who will fight your corner.
    If enough people do this maybe they will be censured by the FOS and stopped from trading in this manner.
  • I insured with them in October 2011 and received a recorded Email? from them this morning telling me that as I had not told them about a blame accident in Jan2011 my insurance had been voided from inception on the grounds of non- disclosure and non receipt of documents, I rang them straight away as my wife was out driving the car at 9 oclock and told them that i had not had any blame accident in 40 plus years and that this was an admin error by my previous insurer who told me they got this info from the previous one who totally deny this, seems simple to resolve, all I got was passed back wards and forwards by their switch board and then told at noon, " yes it has been cancelled , you have to apply again" I have gone to my local broker got similar deal, now written to One call returning certificate and asking for a full refund.they do not understand urgency, I would not use again, wished I had read this forum first
  • Received email on December 14 advising car insurance renewal approaching on January 6 and also advising that a further email would follow later. Perhaps stupidly I did not read all of the small print in all of the enclosed documents - I just checked the premium which had risen. We obtained insurance elsewhere and set cover in place. On Jan 9 received their next email attaching policy docs and I discovered they had deducted the full premium direct from my credit card on Jan 5. On immediately phoning to cancel this I was told there would be a £35 admin fee deducted because I had not told them earlier. Despite umpteen phone calls, emails and letters one month later we have still not received a penny of our money back from them. Annoyingly I guess I now will have to complain to my credit card company to lever my money back from them. So... BEWARE OF THE AUTOMATIC RENEWAL TERMS BURIED IN THE SMALL PRINT!
  • mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    richphotos wrote: »
    Received email on December 14 advising car insurance renewal approaching on January 6 and also advising that a further email would follow later. Perhaps stupidly I did not read all of the small print in all of the enclosed documents - I just checked the premium which had risen. We obtained insurance elsewhere and set cover in place. On Jan 9 received their next email attaching policy docs and I discovered they had deducted the full premium direct from my credit card on Jan 5. On immediately phoning to cancel this I was told there would be a £35 admin fee deducted because I had not told them earlier. Despite umpteen phone calls, emails and letters one month later we have still not received a penny of our money back from them. Annoyingly I guess I now will have to complain to my credit card company to lever my money back from them. So... BEWARE OF THE AUTOMATIC RENEWAL TERMS BURIED IN THE SMALL PRINT!

Report them to the FSA, and raise a complaint with the FOS to cover yourself.
    They are required to give clear information, and at least two weeks in advance.

They cannot hide it in the small print, and hope you don't notice.
  • just been on the phone to one call AGAIN it has been 8 mths since i was with them and they are still sending me letters that i still owe them £271.98 for car insuarnce that i DO NOT HAVE WITH THEM they now say it was for canceling the policy and i told them many times i did not cancel because i did not renew with them im with another company i am contacting office of fair traiding and ombudsman about these cowboys and why in the first place did they want a copy of my driving lience ????
  • darkovo
    darkovo Posts: 209 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I just did a quote with them and it sounded good, then looked around for others and within 10 minutes got a call from One Call to see if I still wanted the insurance. Certainly on the ball looking for new business!

Luckily I found this thread and won't be going with them now, I don't need the hassle they seem to give people.
  • Wyndham
    Wyndham Posts: 2,438 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    This is an odd thread - lots of newbie posts with very similar styles....

Just saying!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure