One Call Insurance

Comments

• No wonder the owner of this company can afford to buy Mansfield Town football club with his £93 million.
    report this !!!! to the FA his business dealings will fetch football into disrepute.
  • Hi like most others here been caught by one call, had no warning of auto renewal just an email saying they have done it! phoned to complain told it is in terms and conditions. They now want to charge me for the cancelled policy. They also passed my information to their finance company agro from them as well. I have now had enough of their Bull s....t reporting one call to FSA under data protection laws (had no right to pass info) Not told about auto renewal as I asked for a years insurance should have been told. As for the finance company tried to take money after being refused.:eek:
  • marluc
    marluc Posts: 160 Forumite
    I totally understand how miffed you are.
    My accident happened on 15th October and car renewal due 27th October. I received email, like you, didn't really read it, just knew that I was going to shop around. Anyway after the whole unprofessional and shoddy manner I have had from One Call, I thought I would definitely not renew, with them.
    My car was written off on 26th October, therefore I didn't need Insurance. Yet I received a nasty letter from renewal team, saying that I was breaking the law, by not renewing my insurance. They had obviously tried to access my account, which according to the bank, they can do, as you have already given them your details. I changed my account last year, hence the snotty letter from them. At no point during any of my long phone calls did anyone from One Call point out that my insurance was running out and that I needed to renew it. I think they thought they would renew it anyway, without my aurthorisation.
    I would complain and to FOS
  • My sister had insurance with them and she said that their was just problem after problem with them, kept having to chase them up about things because they werent getting back to her.
  • hilton
    hilton Posts: 36 Forumite
    Later this month my car insurance is up for renewal.My present company have sent me a quote which has like every one elses gone up this year.Having fed all of my details into Moneysupermarket.com last year they too have sent me quotes based on the fact I have the same vehicle and my circumstances had not changed.
    Checking down the list on Moneysupermarket.com list, I selected 5 quotes so you can compare what each company is giving you for your money ie breakdown cover,legal aid etc.
    One of the quotes was from One Call althogh not the cheapest they were offering all of the above in their quote.I clicked onto their website to see who was underwriting them.This is were it started to get weird,all of a sudden the phone started ringing so I left my computer to answer the phone.The women on the phone asked for me by name,I told her that she was speaking to me.She then said that she knew I was looking at their website and my quote and would I like to purchase it there and then.To say I was gobsmacked is an understatement.How the hell could they tell what I was looking at?
  • Becuase you had your quote open on your pc, so it notifys them that someone is in the quote and they assume it would be you as you wouldnt give your details to someone else, they check the ip address that is viewing the quote and can see you are accessing their webpage.... simples! Its the new hard sell tactic that insurance companies use, phone you at the time of quote to "persuade" you!

If you feed your details into any site, that site is then able to tell when you log into any of their domains, spooky hey?
  • hilton
    hilton Posts: 36 Forumite
    Becuase you had your quote open on your pc, so it notifys them that someone is in the quote and they assume it would be you as you wouldnt give your details to someone else, they check the ip address that is viewing the quote and can see you are accessing their webpage.... simples! Its the new hard sell tactic that insurance companies use, phone you at the time of quote to "persuade" you!

If you feed your details into any site, that site is then able to tell when you log into any of their domains, spooky hey?

Thanks for that information.You can rest assured however they will NOT be getting my custom.
  • Hi there, If you cancel your direct debit with the bank they can not get at it. If you use visa card etc to pay, ask the bank for a new card and new number. your are not breaking the law if you do not renew with them, but vehicles do have to be insured at all times, unless declared off road and on private land. Watch these S...tholes and keep an eye on your credit rating as they will black list you for not paying. I have been advised that if they do not tell you relevant information (auto-renewal) at time of purchase then this is miss-selling going to give it a go.
  • meathead100uk
    meathead100uk Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 16 November 2011 at 9:11PM
    set up policy thru one call agent, certificate came thru without a previous claim from 4 years ago & a traffic lights offence (3pts), i rang to rectify this, staff said no extra charge (confirmed with manager) & new docs would be issued. i actually forgot these were being sent out & they never turned up, but was told things were fine at their end. 3 months later I had an accident, car a write off, but after sending licence & counterpart in they said policy is void because of missing info! car worth £5500 & no pay out! josh from fraud team rang, checked calls & wot a suprise, my call where I disclosed the relevant info couldn't be found! the call where i set up the policy wasn't found either, just the one that took payment! He did disclose that the member of staff who sorted the policy had been sacked now! I wonder why he'd been sacked? £5000 down at least! small claims court required. will keep u posted on events, but i will NEVER use these again! By the way no refund was offered either. they say the £300 I paid was beinf treat as an 'admin payment', for 5mins work? COMPLETE JOKERS!
  • I was stupid enough to go with 'One Call' insurance without checking this site first. I just went with the cheapest on the comparison site. What a catalogue of incompetance.. They cancelled my policy without informing me because they claim I didn't sen the documents to them (which I did), they claim they informed me by recorded delivery, (which they didn't) After THREE requests for them to supply me with the track and trace reference, I discovered that the letter hadn't been delivered (if it indeed it was ever sent). I emailed them to inform them of this, and they ignored the email. They ignore MOST emails. Just had a very short letter telling me if I wasn't happy, then to complain in writing. SO, these people allowed my policy to lapse without checking that I had actually been told before hand. I DID get a letter from them, by SECOND CLASS POST, telling me that my policy had been cancelled 3 days earlier.. excellant.. I think not. I have complained to them, but if their previous record is anything to go by, then I'm not expecting a lot. But it's actually quite serious, because now I can't find any insurance less than double the original amount, because I have to declare that the previous policy was cancelled by the insurer. PLEASE, everyone, complain about these idiots.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback