Claiming against Norwegian Airlines

Comments

• Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Another result with Norwegian in the epost today. Didnt need to go to the CAA this time. Maybe the £150 a time CAA bill has led them to a change of heart on blanket refusals.
    This delay was caused by an earlier disruption within our network that had a direct effect on this flight. The original flight was disrupted due to technical difficulties.
    Based on the nature of this disruption, we’ve honoured your request for compensation (250 EUR per passenger).

Also the one I took to CAA, got this today
    The payment has been executed 22 August 2016
    and a letter from the bank today confirmed it's arrival and currency exchange.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • Froggitt
    jamski07 wrote: »
    Norwegian haven't replied to Bott & Co yet, so court papers are being sent. Surely there comes a point where Norwegian can see the case isn't going away and it's in everyones interest just for them to pay up?!

Did you go to the CAA before Bott and Co? If so, what did they say?
  • Froggitt wrote: »
    Did you go to the CAA before Bott and Co? If so, what did they say?

I didn't. Haven't seen that in any of the guides, but perhaps I just missed it. To be honest life has got pretty busy and it's one less thing to worry about now it's with the solicitors. I'd be delighted to get the £500 we're due, not as much as it could have been but it's £500 more towards next years holiday. :)
  • Froggitt
    FYI CAA are acting as the Ombudsman for those airlines not signed up to an Ombudsman service.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Froggitt wrote: »
    FYI CAA are acting as the Ombudsman for those airlines not signed up to an Ombudsman service.

They can't make the airlines pay up though. So I still don't see the point of it. Lots of posts on these threads where the CAA have agreed compensation is due, but the airline still refuses to pay.
  • Norwegian aren't even responding to Solicitors or the courts so I doubt the CAA will be able to do much! All very frustrating.
  • Froggitt
    Yup nothing. Other than revoke their license to fly to/from the UK.

Latest email from Norwegian....I don't understand why they're not coughing for anyone else!!!
    Dear Mr. Froggitt,
    We have now finalized payment of 500 EUR (250 EUR per passenger) to the earlier stated account number.

The money should be accessible in your account within two to three weeks.

Kind Regards

Eva B
    Accountancy Norwegian Air Shuttle
    Yup nothing. Other than revoke their license to fly to/from the UK.

Latest email from Norwegian....I don't understand why they're not coughing for anyone else!!!

Very weird. What was the reason for your delay?
  • Froggitt
    Arrived five hours late, they say
    This delay was caused by an earlier disruption within our network that had a direct effect on this flight. The original flight was disrupted due to technical difficulties.
    which doesn't sound too different from your engine problems. Unless its fundamental engine design problem, say involving a recall of the engines to the manufacturer, then its not extraordinary circumstances.
    Arrived five hours late, they say

which doesn't sound too different from your engine problems. Unless its fundamental engine design problem, say involving a recall of the engines to the manufacturer, then its not extraordinary circumstances.

Mine was due to a single member of staff going home ill. By the time a replacement was found, the rest of the crew had been on too long so had to leave too, meaning an 8 hour delay. They claimed exceptional circumstances in the one reply I had which this isn't. So far neither the solicitors, or as far as I know the court have had any replies to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure