Flight delay compensation, all other EU airlines

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,084
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You need to track down the Manchester address, if there are any assests there, the baliff/sherriff can remove if you win in court.
    The way forward here would be legal claim for 3 or 4 people - up to the ESCP limit (is it that low?) then if you are sucessful, make the claim for the others, having the court case win as your Ace card to play. Although they can still refuse, its easier if you already have an identical settled case.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Marcus-H_2
    Marcus-H_2 Posts: 82
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 15 May 2016 at 7:47PM
    Yea, there is legislation drafted in 2013 to raise to €10,000, but its not been increased yet.

Breaking it down to groups is going to be awkward.
    4 of us having our boarding pass.
    18 Dont, part of the group is a family of 6 & that would take them over the €2000.

Found all the forms, etc.
    https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_small_claims_forms-177-en.do#action

Think I will give Manc Airport a ring to see if there is any address for them. Just thinking that RyanAir has no Legal Presence in the UK, then I cant see why EnterAir would. As for Baliff, well they can always go ground the plane?

I think forcing payment will be the big problem here.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Flight Delays are already acting for passengers from your flight
  • Marcus-H_2
    Marcus-H_2 Posts: 82
    Forumite
    Thanks - going to put it to the group & see if that makes it easier.
  • Miss165
    Miss165 Posts: 52
    Forumite
    I recently travelled from the USA to UK, via Ireland with Aer Lingus. Due to a technical fault with the aircraft, I ended up being delayed 24 hours.

I am totally dissatisfied with Aer Lingus - yes they did put us in a hotel for a night and provide accommodation to & from this hotel, however they also made us sit on the tarmac for 4 hours (in a very warm plane!) with only a cup of water, finally let us off once all food outlets were closed (and didn't provide any food or drink), failed to book us on the next flight as promised (both verbally and by text) resulting in another 4 hour queue (again no food or drinks provided & only 20 minutes to get through security to the gate!) The list goes on!

My main gripes beyond the actual delay/cancellation is my lost wages for the days work I missed and their failure to provide me with text stating my rights (as per Article 14 of Regulation EC No 261/2004), as well as their failure to provide food or refreshments during this wait.

Can anyone tell me what I am entitled to, based on the above?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,084
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Read Vauban's guide and put in your claim.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,534
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Miss165 wrote: »
    My main gripes beyond the actual delay/cancellation is my lost wages for the days work I missed and their failure to provide me with text stating my rights (as per Article 14 of Regulation EC No 261/2004), as well as their failure to provide food or refreshments during this wait.

Can anyone tell me what I am entitled to, based on the above?

from what you have posted €600 plus reimbursement of what you spent on refreshments (if you did)
    nothing from the airline for lost wages so need to check if your travel insurance covers that
  • theboylard
    theboylard Posts: 1,200
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Afternoon all,

we were delayed on Norwegian Air D82530 from LGW to CHQ (Chania, Crete) on 12/5/2016.

Flightstats not too helpful with no info for landing in Crete, but being the sad muppet I am I dutifully recorded actual flight times.

So, eta in Crete was 10.55hrs local, actual was 14.30hrs local (that's doors open, touchdown at 14.23hrs).

Reason given on flight was a warning light - after everyone was on board obviously!
    Cockpit advised waiting for engineer to reset and test, but they had a plan B if that didin't sort it.

Duly advised that reset had worked, but the crew weren't happy so we would be moved to another plane.

Everyone off, herded into gate waiting area, departure gate was then changed twice but eventually got on a newer plane but obviously seat allocations had been messed up.

Anyways, I've not heard diddly from Norwegian.
    I have had emails from a family we met at our hotel who'd been on the same flight, and the subject of delays and compensation came up over cocktails (!), I gave them the info they needed and pointed them here and to Vaubans guide.

They emailed yesterday to say that Norwegian agreed to their claim of 400EUR each :)

I've asked them to post here but with their news, but as a regular here at MSE towers I'd thought I'd post here for my own claim at least.

Onward ho!
    4kWp, SSE, 16 x 250w EcoFuture BoB with retro-fitted SolarEdge P300 optimisers & SE3500 Inverter, in occasionally sunny Corby, Northants.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    agrinnall wrote: »
    I was due to fly from Birmingham to Cork this morning on Aer Lingus EI3701 08:35 - 10:10. The flight was cancelled, as was the earlier incoming flight from Cork EI3700 06:45 - 08:10.

I was transferred to a Dublin flight, and after a lengthy delay at Dublin while they found a bus, as nobody from Birmingham had informed them of the rerouting, 14 of us eventually arrived at Cork airport at 14:50, 4 hours 40 minutes after the arrival time.

There was very bad weather in Cork yesterday which may have prevented the plane getting there so that it could be used for this morning's flight to Birmingham. However, today the weather was OK at both Cork and Birmingham, and I believe these were the only Cork departures and arrivals to be cancelled.

It's something of an academic question as my employer paid for the flight so they would have to make any claim, but I wondered whether you thought this might be a valid one?

Having heard nothing from Aer Lingus yet I went into Resolver to escalate my case. However, the email that it generated was addressed to Andrew Cornish, who has not worked for them for over 2 years and is now Chief Exec of Liverpool airport. I have sent a message to Resolver to ask if they can update their system with the right person, but I wondered if anyone on here knows who the right person would be? Do you think Michelle Lee, Director of Marketing & Guest Experience, would be the one?
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just wanted to confirm that Resolver have now (after one false start) updated the generated email for Aer Lingus, and they have indeed addressed it to Michelle Lee. Now I just have to hope that she reads and acts on it!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback