PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Ceiling fell down

Options
2»

Comments

• AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    spadoosh wrote: »
    Weve got leaking leeks.

Lathes falling through lath's

And structural's integrating. Its all going wrong in this thread!
    Sounds [STRIKE]apo[/STRIKE] catastrophic
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    spadoosh wrote: »
    Weve got leaking leeks.

Lathes falling through lath's

And structural's integrating. Its all going wrong in this thread!
    Bollox - I google that every time I write it as have a mental block with it, but I hit send before I remembered :rotfl:
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • whiterose11
    whiterose11 Posts: 41 Forumite
    edited 20 November 2018 at 8:48PM
    Options
    Thanks for everyone’s replies, I really appreciate it.
    The letting agency sent an engineer round who has said that the floorboards are still structurally sound; so my bath shouldn’t fall on head next time I make a tuna sandwich!!
    They have also found the source of the leak it is the tiles around the shower, so we can’t use the shower but can use the bath which is a relief!

At least there is now no need for me to insist they move us somewhere else, hopefully the repairs won’t take too long.

Many thanks again for the advice.
  • NewShadow
    NewShadow Posts: 6,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    I'd have said that unless the plasterboard had been fixed with wallpaper paste then it would require there to be a long-term or recurring issue to cause the plasterboard to just suddenly drop like that.

This actually happened to me a few years back - final year at uni.

I'd moved into the room a month or so before an reported a leak from the upstairs bathroom - so the landlord kindly and promptly fixed it.

About two or three days later - foot thick plaster came crashing down with chunks of glass and all sorts in it.

The old lime plaster had likely been absorbing the damp for years and - once the leak was fixed - it had all dried out :rotfl:

Took around 6/8 weeks for it to all be sorted - but the landlord provided alternative accommodation and my insurance replaced my personal goods.

In the meantime - local leisure centre you can use? Or I'm assuming your school has shower facilities for after PE?
    That sounds like a classic case of premature extrapolation.

House Bought July 2020 - 19 years 0 months remaining on term
    Next Step: Bathroom renovation booked for January 2021
    Goal: Keep the bigger picture in mind...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure