Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • becca0417
    • By becca0417 10th Feb 14, 7:07 PM
    • 3,107Posts
    • 14,372Thanks
    becca0417
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28
    • 10th Feb 14, 7:07 PM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28 10th Feb 14 at 7:07 PM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

What's it about?

Back in July 2006 Bailey started this thread to help all pregnant MoneySavers and their partners save on anything pregnancy-related plus give each other moral support. It's been hugely popular and now has a long list of pregnant mothers-to-be.

Now it's not just for those that are pregnant but also those trying to conceive and MoneySavers that have probably already given birth and yet are probably too tired to let everyone know.

What should you do?

As well as being a great source of tips, baby-related bargains spotted, mutual support and help MoneySavers here have also gradually built up a list, adding themselves to one of these categories (the last one, people are moved to for obvious reasons!):

EDD (Estimated due date if you're pregnant)
    TTC (trying to conceive if you're not) we now have 2 seperate threads for people TTC - 'Trying for a Baby' and 'Trying for a baby (12+ M/not straightforward)'
    Birth List
    Probably given birth but too worn out to log on list

If you want to add yourself to the list follow these steps:

Click on the link at the top of this page that says "Last" (it'll take you to the last page of the discussion)
    Scroll down until you find the message with the very latest copy of the list in (if you use one further up the discussion other peoples' changes after that will be lost)
    Copy that (highlight it and click control+c)
    Click reply at the bottom of the thread to open a screen where you can past it (click control+p)
    Add yourself to the list then click save
    And don't feel shy. Introduce yourself, say hello and ask a question if you need to.

Plus, if you're thinking of how to cut down on nappy costs remember to have a read of the Nappy MoneySaving article too and for later down the line if you need childcare first read the Childcare Vouchers article.

Also please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post).

If you're new to the Forum it can look scattergun but read down and remember it's a conversation, starting with first post, scrolling forward for the latest. To reply you'll need to join the Forum but it's free to do.

This is a continuation of this thread which will be closed due to it's length.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 08-09-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14
Page 536
    • selement
    • By selement 11th Nov 18, 9:44 PM
    • 504 Posts
    • 1,938 Thanks
    selement
    I've been having contractions all day. Since 5.30am. Had bloody show. They keep being less than 1 minute long. I went to hospital in the afternoon and theybsaid I was 2cm and not in established labour. They gave me a sweep and said hopefully come back later. They've been hurting so much but still only sometimes longer than a minute and the gap between is not always regular enough (mostly 6 mins or less but been trying to rest a little as getting tired and get the odd longer gap). Havung said that longest gap all day is still probably only 12 minutes. Painful and exhausting I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep through them either
    Trying to lose weight (13.5lb to go)
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 11th Nov 18, 9:46 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    Hope baby arrives soon for you x
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 12th Nov 18, 8:23 AM
    • 350 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    How are you doing selement?
    • NelliePie
    • By NelliePie 12th Nov 18, 9:41 AM
    • 263 Posts
    • 560 Thanks
    NelliePie
    Congrats Toots, I bet you're glad to be home

Selement, hopefully by the time I'm writing this your little one will have arrived (or be very close to arriving) so congratulations!
    Little One's due date 18/12/18
    5/5/18 I became Mrs Pie
    FTB June '17 - 144k motrgage
    • selement
    • By selement 14th Nov 18, 5:13 AM
    • 504 Posts
    • 1,938 Thanks
    selement
    My little girl arrived Monday at 2.05pm. Managed my water birth
    Early labour was slow, I was 2cm all day on 11th and when i was finally 4cm on 12th it was still not progressing past that so had waters broken but then she was onky 2 hours.
    We're still in hospital because she isn't feeding right. Going to try her with a bottle later getting desperate to go home now
    • Rambosmum
    • By Rambosmum 14th Nov 18, 8:41 AM
    • 1,943 Posts
    • 2,444 Thanks
    Rambosmum
    Congratulations Selement.

My bump is really sore this week. I think it's growing pains. Yesterday she had her bum sticking out by my belly button so my bump was a funny shape!

I've put 7lbs on in 3 weeks! Need to watch my snacking.
    • NelliePie
    • By NelliePie 14th Nov 18, 12:41 PM
    • 263 Posts
    • 560 Thanks
    NelliePie
    Congrats Selement! Any advice you'd give the rest of us?

One thing that was said at my antenatal classes was make sure you get all the help you can/need whilst your in the hospital - even though you really want to go home, make sure you're comfortable doing so and have the support in place you need.
    Little One's due date 18/12/18
    5/5/18 I became Mrs Pie
    FTB June '17 - 144k motrgage
    • selement
    • By selement 14th Nov 18, 7:46 PM
    • 504 Posts
    • 1,938 Thanks
    selement
    No real advice other than to keep going and try your best. One thing I will say is my family got me terrified of tearing saying it hurt worse than labour- i did have 2nd degree tears and needed stitching but it really wasn't that bad they use local so injections have a little sting and they let me keep using gas and air and labour definately hurts more
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 14th Nov 18, 8:03 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    Congratulations Selement x
    • Celepie
    • By Celepie 14th Nov 18, 10:50 PM
    • 122 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    Celepie
    Congrats, Selement!

I'm coming up for 28 weeks now. The heartburn is killing me!
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 15th Nov 18, 6:10 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    Had another growth scan today. (33+6) baby is just above 10th centile but this is line with the last growth scan. Heartbeat, placenta and fluid are all fine.
    Hopefully next scan will show same sort of growth.
    Weighing in at 4.4 pounds.
    A bit of relief for me u til the next scan in two weeks.
    Baby has been wiggling round like a washing machine ever since the last scan two weeks ago when they said he hadn’t grown as much as he should and upped my scan frequency. Think he’s just letting me know he’s ok.
    Got a great scan picture of his little face today. Looks a right little grump
    Hope everyone else is well x
    • Rambosmum
    • By Rambosmum 19th Nov 18, 8:32 AM
    • 1,943 Posts
    • 2,444 Thanks
    Rambosmum
    Glad all is looking well Munchkin. DS came out on 9th centile, he's doing fine now!
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 19th Nov 18, 4:55 PM
    • 350 Posts
    • 411 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    Been to MAU today as baby hadn’t been as wiggly as normal this morning.
    No sooner was I being monitored then he went crazy. Little !!!!!!.
    And apparently loved dancing to the bee gees when it came on the radio while i was there.
    Then had a Doppler scan too and everything is fine.
    34+3 today. In a way I just want him out now but in many ways I don’t just yet. Want him to cook a little longer.
    Hope everyone is well.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

97Posts Today

1,924Users online

Martin's Twitter