Vent Anchor Mobility

Options

Comments

• Norfox
    Norfox Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Well the reference gives us somewhere to try and build a case with at Action Fraud.
    I'll be sending my information off to them shortly.

Out of interest, Gilly, where did the info come from about the frozen accounts? I only ask because they're very much still trading.

As all who have posted can attest to, there's a fundamental gap in the law (and society) whereby individuals can con the elderly and infirm out of their hard-earned thousands in this manner. It is theft, pure and simple.

I wonder if it might be an idea if we start pooling information and resources from those who have been affected (probably away from this forum) so that we can build up a catalogue of evidence to present, whether it be in a legal capacity or for putting forward a case for these criminals to be highlighted (again) in the media?
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Norfox wrote: »
    Well the reference gives us somewhere to try and build a case with at Action Fraud.

Out of interest, Gilly, where did the info come from about the frozen accounts? I only ask because they're very much still trading.

As all who have posted can attest to, there's a fundamental gap in the law (and society) whereby individuals can con the elderly and infirm out of their hard-earned thousands in this manner. It is theft, pure and simple.

I wonder if it might be an idea if we start pooling information and resources from those who have been affected (probably away from this forum) so that we can build up a catalogue of evidence to present, whether it be in a legal capacity or for putting forward a case for these criminals to be highlighted (again) in the media?

It just occurs to me someone could quote your reference to pretend to be you.
  • hollydays
    edited 9 August 2017 at 9:04PM
    Options

This kind of thing is not uncommon. It's what criminals do.:(
    info edited-wrong thread
  • Norfox
    Options
    Hi hollydays.
    What's the orangery company they're involved in?
  • hollydays
    Options
    No sorry was getting this confused with another thread
  • GillyW
    Options
    Sorry for late reply - have given up on this. I wrote to the Suffolk Labour MP Therese Coffy twice on this, but have only received 2 acknowledgment emails!

I was told the UK Mobility bank account had been frozen by Suffolk Trading Standards. But my understanding is that as they are not bankrupt, they can start all over again as another company.

Again, I am amazed that these people can carry on ripping people off.

My cousin has sadly died - he was distraught that he lost so much hard earned money and that makes me very very sad.
  • Norfox
    Options
    Appeared at Ipswich Magistrates Court yesterday and will next appear at Crown Court on September 11th. See East Anglian Daily Times online.
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Appeared at Ipswich Magistrates Court yesterday and will next appear at Crown Court on September 11th. See East Anglian Daily Times online.
    Link to article: http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/anchor-mobility-and-david-waters-accused-of-customer-fraud-1-5651981
  • hollydays
    edited 5 October 2019 at 10:54PM
    Options
    Trial starts 9th October
    ..also been been accused of in engaging in misleading commercial practices by failing to fulfil representations that furniture would be delivered to customers in Grays, Essex, between November 14 and 24, 2017; Rushmere St Andrew, near Ipswich, on March 17, 2017; Chislehurst, London, on February 28, 2017; Gosport, Hampshire, on June 3, 2017; Hereford on February 21, 2017; Shipley, West Yorkshire, on January 12, 2017; and Stevenage on March 27, 2017.

The charges also relate to alleged incidents in Bletchley, Milton Keynes, on October 11, 2016; Mistley, Essex, on March 7, 2017; Feltham, London, on April 20, 2017; Houghton-le-Spring, Durham, on March 6, 2017; Tamworth, Staffordshire, on January 4, 2017; Leeds on February 9, 2017; Bradford on March 5, 2017; and Aldridge, Walsall, on February 20, 2017.

Waters and the company are also accused of failing to refund money to a customer in Stoke-on-Trent on March 1, 2017.

At an earlier hearing Alison Hollis, prosecuting for Suffolk Trading Standards, said the company purported to sell adjustable beds and chairs, which were allegedly never delivered to the complainants after being paid for in full or with a 50% deposit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure