Microfilters are Important for a Great Broadband Connection

14567810»

Comments

• Myser
    Myser Posts: 1,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 December 2011 at 10:23PM
    No, the DECT phone can be on another extension. So long as you have a micro-filter on each telephone socket.

Edit: Just re-read your post. Do you only have one main socket and no extensions in the house?
    If my post hasn't helped you, then don't click the 'Thanks' button! ;)
  • theloft
    theloft Posts: 1,703 Forumite
    Myser wrote: »
    No, the DECT phone can be on another extension. So long as you have a micro-filter on each telephone socket. Edit: Just re-read your post. Do you only have one main socket and no extensions in the house?

Couldn't believe that this thread has had no queries for 2 years !!
    Anyway my query is this:- I am aware that microfilters need to be changed periodically (why?) but am not getting a problem with Broadband, but I am with my Dect phone system. This could be the age of the system but do microfilters have an effect on the telephone as well. Have 2 new mf on order but just wondered if this could be the problem. Have posted this on home phones as well just in case I get blasted for posting on the wrong thread......
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
  • theloft wrote: »
    Couldn't believe that this thread has had no queries for 2 years !!
    Anyway my query is this:- I am aware that microfilters need to be changed periodically (why?) but am not getting a problem with Broadband, but I am with my Dect phone system. This could be the age of the system but do microfilters have an effect on the telephone as well. Have 2 new mf on order but just wondered if this could be the problem. Have posted this on home phones as well just in case I get blasted for posting on the wrong thread......

I'm still using the BT MF50 microfilters I got with AOL broadband over 10 years ago. Still working fine.

Mind I do have a stack of other unused filters from the various broadband providers since. :rotfl:
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You are not alone, Got at least half a dozen around the house, all surplus since BT fitted aVSDL filtered face plate. which is much neater than dangling dongles.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • Patr100
    Patr100 Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Never ever heard or read that micro filters need to be changed "periodically".
    No reason that I can think of.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I've had to replace two or three over the years. I can't remember what the problem was , each time, but a change (suggested by the provider) sorted it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure