Cheapest Hayfever Tablets Survey and Hunt

Options

Comments

• RightRevBod
    RightRevBod Posts: 598 Forumite
    Options
    scope wrote:
    They do indeed have 30 for £0.99 (incl postage), just look a bit harder. :)

edit: Sorry, they seem to be sold out now.. Just checked.

Back agian now. They sold out of the first 1000 packs added to the web catalogue, and so have added another 1000 now.
    [size=-2] If this post was unhelpful, please tell me.
    If it was helpful, please tell everyone - Press the [highlight]Thanks[/highlight] button!
    [/size]
  • wesd
    wesd Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I think it's a real rip-off selling boxes of 7 for ridiculously high prices; a few years ago all of these brands were available in boxes of 30 for less money!

These days, I buy Piriton tablets which have a different active ingredient - Chlorphenamine maleate. I can't remember which chemist I got them from but they were approx £3 for a box of 30 and have always worked for me (although my hayfever is very mild).

Chemist-4-u are selling them at £2.99 for 30 or £7.99 for a box of 500. They also have boxes of the generic drug at £0.99 for 30 so it'll cost almost nothing to try them.

Like I said, my hayfever is very mild but piriton has been very effective with no side effects (particularly, no problems with drowsiness).
  • twhatmough
    twhatmough Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tried clicking on chemist-4-u.com and got redirected to a webhosting site!
  • Katgoddess
    Katgoddess Posts: 1,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    twhatmough wrote:

Me too. Right in the middle of trying to buy some! They must have exceeded their bandwidth. :(
  • debsdown
    debsdown Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    twhatmough wrote:
    Me too. I found their shop on ebay, but they didn't have anything other than packs of 7 for 99p which when you have paid postage is more than the high street shops.

Edit:
    Working now!
  • rdwarr
    rdwarr Posts: 6,159 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Back now with lots of "30 for 99p" offers. :)
    Can I help?
  • waxil
    waxil Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have really bad hayfever which affects my eyes and makes them itch uncontrollably.
    If I dont have a tablet in the morning then I'm certain to suffer badly.
    I tried numerous tablets with no success, until the latest one I use, which is called "Telfast 180" (think there is telfast 60 and telfast 120 too).
    It's ingredient is Fexofenadine.

Have you got any information about where Fexofenadine may be available without having to pay the extortionate prescription fee's which I am currently a slave to?
  • miapops
    miapops Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Just ordered 3 month supply of Cetirizine on Chemist 4 U.

Didn't know if it might help anyone, but if you select paypal as your payment method on chemist 4 U it redirects you to the paypal site where you can then opt to make a one off payment by a credit/debit card, so you don't have to open a paypal account.
    :j
  • pennybichon
    Options
    If you are old fashioned like me and use Piriton forget buying from high street chemist @ approx £3 for thirty or generic equivelant slightly cheaper. I bought Piriton 500 for £7.99 from chemists-4-u. delivered 48 hours by Royal Mail.
  • emmsa76
    emmsa76 Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    Just made an order & stocked up for the family. As we all suffer from hayfever :(
    They have lots of great buys on the site.
    Many thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport