Cheapest Hayfever Tablets Survey and Hunt

Comments

• ikr2
    ikr2 Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    SW12SAVER wrote:
    Yes the cheapest way is to go and get a prescription from the doctor. I think the cost is £6.65 and you can ask for 3 month's supply. Much much cheaper. The problem may be getting an appointment with your doctor but some surgeries offer repeat prescriptions where you request what you want and go back in a few day's time to pick up the duly signed prescription.

Our Doc only did prescriptions for a max of 30 tablets of cetirizine last year. He said to get the own brand over the counter. He was right!

Best I've done this year was Asda at £3 for 30. Off to Chemist4U now!

Anyone know how to cut the cost of Beconase hayfever spray? It's £7 a throw in Tesco. Got Pollenase for £6 with the same active ingredient (beclometasone dipropionate) but I swear I got it much cheaper as a Tesco own brand a few years ago.

These two together have made my summers great for the first time in many years!
  • russimp
    russimp Posts: 28 Forumite
    ALDI sell both CD and LR (made by Galpharm) at 89p for 7.

God bless ALDI - I love 'em!!
    If I've made a grammatical error and you're pointing it out, I'd just like to say :T "Thanks" in advance. You big person, you ;)
  • blackberry-rum
    blackberry-rum Posts: 1,302 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just to say the New Era Hayfever remedy is brilliant, non-drowsy, and much much cheaper than drug-type remedies. It worked great for me for the ten years I suffered (stopped having hay fever in the year of foot & mouth for some reason, possibly unconnected!). You get hundreds of tiny pills in the tube, and you pop them four at a time, they melt on your tongue like kali. Available from Boots and any chemist in the homeopathic remedy section.
    :jThat's 2 stone 9 lbs gone forever:j

thank you Slimming World!
  • Mal27
    Mal27 Posts: 84 Forumite
    Should always check your local chemist before going for the big stores, mine alternates in price quite a bit but is currently selling generic Loratadine for just £1.99 for 30. Compare that to the rip-off price I had to pay at Tesco for generic Loratadine at around £6 for only 7!
  • Fill_7
    Fill_7 Posts: 480 Forumite
    just ordered mine from chemist-4-u.com, and shortly after recieved an email saying:

Thankyou for your recent purchase of Hayfever Tablets. prior to despatch I need you to answer a couple of simple questions:

1. Who is the medication for?
    2. What is the medication being used for?
    3. Is the user taking any other medication?

Best regards,

Shamir Patel MRPharmS
    https://www.chemist-4-u.com
    North Meols Pharmacy Ltd,
    15 Church Road, Banks
    Southport. PR9 8ET.
    United Kingdom

Email: patels@totalise.co.uk
    Tel: (0044)(0)870 950 9666
    Fax: (0044)(0870 950 9666

********************************************************************************
    Confidentiality and legal notices:
    The information contained in this e-mail is for the intended recipient(s) alone. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by using the reply facility on your e-mail system. If this message is being transmitted over the Internet, be aware that it may be intercepted by third parties. Any views expressed in this message are those of the author and not necessarily of North Meols Pharmacy Ltd. The company reserves the right to perform legitimate monitoring of e-mails passed through its systems

anyone else had same?
  • jimtwo
    jimtwo Posts: 6 Forumite
    Yesterday in the Hemel Hempstead branch of Superdrug Beconase nasal spray was £3.98 for the 100 spray size but also buy one get one free making it under £2 a bottle.
  • These work well for me and my family (kids aged 6, 4 & 2 and as homoeopathic are fairly safe) and cost @£5 for 450. The dose is 4 for adults, 2 for children, three times a day.
  • SmileyMiley_2
    SmileyMiley_2 Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 27 February 2011 at 10:34PM
  • Wig
    Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    Not everyone has to use the new 1-a-day drugs, I have always been fine just using Chlorphenamine - brand name Piriton

They act instantly, you do not have to wait 24hrs for them to kick in like some of the 1-a-day drugs, and hence, you can take them as and when required, not every day, whether you need them or not.

1 tablet to be taken 4 - 6 hours as required - may cause drowsiness, I have never had drowsiness from Chlorphenamine, but my brother does, so again it's horses for courses.

Available from chemists generic, 30 tablets for £1.85
  • Katgoddess
    Katgoddess Posts: 1,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Galpharm 7pk tablets are also available in Poundland, for a £1 obviously. LD and CD.

I could have sworn I saw some hayfever tablets in Savers for 65p however they were out of stock at the time. They were either LD or CD. Maybe someone could check next time they are in one?
    The only tablets I've found that work for me are Benadryl Allergy Relief (active ingredient Acrivastine) which are extremely effective. As far as I can tell, only Pfizer (owner of the Benadryl brand name) makes this drug so you can't get it cheaper elsewhere.

According to this website this drug is also know as the brand Semprex.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure