New Channels on Freeview

Comments

• Yeah i want ABC back too, wasted hours watching that :) Although if you watch season 2 of the big bang theory you will see the one from less than perfect, but no Karl :(
    Wish we got the real ABC, could watch lost then without having to pay loads for DVD's :(
  • indelacio
    indelacio Posts: 1,601 Forumite
    sky tv on demand.. Ive not tried it.. so dont know if you get the episodes in a way you could say transfer them onto dvd... buut you can use sky player on demand. Id imagine itd be cheaper than dvds
    https://skyplayer.sky.com/vod/page/home.do
  • But then don't you have to have sky?
  • indelacio
    indelacio Posts: 1,601 Forumite
    no, it says you dont need it.
  • Dave is complete rubbish. Dumbed-down TV for morons. :rolleyes:

The UKTV History Channel had to go part-time to make way for it and I am still furious.

:mad:
  • More channels coming soon including:
    Rocks & Co;:(:(
    Russia Today;:(:(

I think Bid TV is going for Quest.:D:D
  • Thank You i got dave +1 last night.

So managed to catch the catherine tate show double bill to! :D lol

Does anyone know why UKTV GOLD shows as a channel but wont work ?
    Ask.. Believe.. Receive..

Every Accomplishment Starts With The Decision To Try
  • Thank You i got dave +1 last night.

So managed to catch the catherine tate show double bill to! :D lol

Does anyone know why UKTV GOLD shows as a channel but wont work ?

It for Top Up TV (Pay Service)
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,787
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Dave is a good channel for seeing repeats of decent programmes but do we really need a Dave +1? I am sure the channel space could be better used than repeating a channel that shows repeats?
    I heard that once the analouge signal is switched off they can ramp up the digital signal and have loads of channels. Hopefully most of them will be free as apparently Sky wants to charge for its freeview channels such as Sky News, Sky 3 etc... making a slight mockery of the whole FREEview. If we want to pay for extra channels we would get sky.
    Also if your missing the music channels, Sky News and possibly ITV2 its because your signal isn't strong enough.
  • mrcol1000 wrote: »
    Dave is a good channel for seeing repeats of decent programmes but do we really need a Dave +1? I am sure the channel space could be better used than repeating a channel that shows repeats?
    I heard that once the analouge signal is switched off they can ramp up the digital signal and have loads of channels. Hopefully most of them will be free as apparently Sky wants to charge for its freeview channels such as Sky News, Sky 3 etc... making a slight mockery of the whole FREEview. If we want to pay for extra channels we would get sky.
    Also if your missing the music channels, Sky News and possibly ITV2 its because your signal isn't strong enough.
    The thing thats always confused me is why do you get Sky News and SkyThree for free on freeview but you dont get them for free on sky....but you have to pay for setanta on freeview but get setanta news for free on sky (basic subscription or viewing card required i think).

And to clarifiy, the digital signal is currently "bunny hopped" (technical term apparently) on top of the anologue signal. Although when they switch of the anologue you can garantee extra channels they will increase the digital signal strength to avoid it cutting out when it starts spitting out side (they cant do it just yet because digital interfers with analogue). The thing i dont understand about this though is although terrestial television will no longer exsist they are not actually switching the signal off, theyre using them for alternative things so boosting the digital will still interfeer with them rendering useless *shrugs*
    2008 Competition Wins: £200 Cash (Boffer's Youtube Bag O' Crap Video Competition 2)
    2009 Competition Wins: Monopoly Deal Card Game, Wild Bean Cafe Coffee Hamper, 2 Mars Bounce Football's, a £10 Magnum® Pleasure Card
    2010 Competition Wins: Lucozade 8Gb iPhone 3GS........hopefully more soon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport