PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Have i offered too much?

Comments

• dunroving
    dunroving Posts: 1,881
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    For crap's sake would someone take the time to fix the quotes? It's doing my nut in. How complicated can it be?
    (Nearly) dunroving
  • buggy_boy
    buggy_boy Posts: 657 Forumite

A spike in rates changes the UK property game dramatically, for better or worse, depending on your point of view.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-08/hasenstab-joins-dimon-betting-treasury-yields-poised-to-hit-4

Aww, back to that rate change again...

https://www.ft.com/content/664d9d00-49f8-11e8-8ee8-cae73aab7ccb

Sometime FT links dont work but basically headline is May Boe rate rise now 'close to zero'... The rate rise Crashy creamed his pants on and was deemed a dead cert... The exact rise I said we have seen it all before Carney will find an excuse not to raise rates..

In 10yrs he has found excuses to keep rates at historic low and you now think there is going to be a sudden spike in rates... Sorry but just like your gamble years ago that house prices would crash its totally nuts and the logic only makes sense to you..
  • Crashy_Time
    Crashy_Time Posts: 13,386
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    buggy_boy wrote: »
    Aww, back to that rate change again...

https://www.ft.com/content/664d9d00-49f8-11e8-8ee8-cae73aab7ccb

Sometime FT links dont work but basically headline is May Boe rate rise now 'close to zero'... The rate rise Crashy creamed his pants on and was deemed a dead cert... The exact rise I said we have seen it all before Carney will find an excuse not to raise rates..

In 10yrs he has found excuses to keep rates at historic low and you now think there is going to be a sudden spike in rates... Sorry but just like your gamble years ago that house prices would crash its totally nuts and the logic only makes sense to you..

http://www.cityam.com/285447/mortgage-dilemma-why-lenders-increasing-their-rates-before

What Carney does or doesn`t do now has as much relevance as Duran Duran releasing a new album, it just isn`t that important any more.
  • batg
    batg Posts: 295 Forumite
    with regards to Carney and his rates, I tied myself into a five year fixed rate 4 years ago after listening to him saying interest rates would be going up and up. :mad: Wasn't it November last year they went up
  • hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,468
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    batg wrote: »
    with regards to Carney and his rates, I tied myself into a five year fixed rate 4 years ago after listening to him saying interest rates would be going up and up. :mad: Wasn't it November last year they went up
    I bet lots of others told you not to listen to him so maybe it was your own hesitancy and worry that made you fix for longer?

****Sorry read that as 'Crashy'. Should've gone to specsavers - although it prob still applies what I said****
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • dunroving
    dunroving Posts: 1,881
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite

I've always looked at fixed rate products as a way to buy security for a fixed term, not to guarantee that you'll beat the prevailing rates.
    (Nearly) dunroving
  • Crashy_Time
    Forumite

He hustles for the banking system, not you.
  • buggy_boy
    buggy_boy Posts: 657 Forumite
    He hustles for the banking system, not you.

Its all a conspiracy don't you know, the whole world is against crashy time getting his house price crash....
  • westernpromise
    westernpromise Posts: 4,833 Forumite
    buggy_boy wrote: »
    Its all a conspiracy don't you know, the whole world is against crashy time getting his house price crash....

Yes, the bankers hate everyone and want to literally kill all renters while laughing. Crashy read it on HPC so it must be true.
  • Crashy_Time
    Forumite
    What did the surveyor say?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts