IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

IAS Appeal Help - Have Read Advice!

Hi,

I have read the advice in regards to not attempting IAS appeals unless you have slam-dunk evidence - however I genuinely believe I do. Any advice much appreciated!

I received multiple PCNs over consecutive days. Arriving home on a Wednesday to find 3, moved the car (as it was in the same place, and I got another in the 40 mins I was in the house), and took photos of the area. The area in question is in front of a UKCPS-operated parking area, separated by walls, with NO signage at all, except those within the main car park. I have photos to back this up (obviously submitted at first stage appeal with no success).

What's more, the following day I drove past this area, and signage HAD been put up. I mentioned this in my appeal stating it surely strengthened my case as they too had realised there was inadequate signage. I also have a photo of one of their signs in a bush nearby on the day I received the tickets, clearly been ripped off and had been there for some time.

The evidence attached on the PCN included photos of the car, with the parking signs in the background - BEHIND A WALL. A close up followed, which to take the operative must have walked around said wall. (They also attached a photo of my 2014 tax disc which is still in my car, as if that is evidence!)

How am I best to tackle this at IAS stage? I know the odds are against me but surely anybody who isn't employed by UKCPS will be able to see that there were no signs which could reasonably apply to the area I parked in.

Thanks a lot,
moneybee

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    IAS appeals are futile and just give the ppc something extra to use against you as explained in the FAQ
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,624
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Agreed, don't try one except against PCM predatory tickets. Yours is UKCPM, stop!

Ignore them and come back at court defence stage.
    The area in question is in front of a UKCPS-operated parking area, separated by walls, with NO signage at all, except those within the main car park. I have photos to back this up (obviously submitted at first stage appeal with no success).
    Hmmmm...show us the pictures please!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • moneybee94
    moneybee94 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Am I able to post pics here without it damaging any defence etc?
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Hmmmm...show us the pictures please!
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Yes, obviously. How can pictures of signs in situ hurt you?

Break the links ie change http to hxxp when you copy and paste th link.
  • moneybee94
    Sorry - how do I get the URL for a photo? Won't just let me upload with comment from my docs?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Put pics on hosting site

Then post link to host site. Disguised as #5
  • moneybee94
    Hopefully this works - [IMG]hxxps://ibb.co/gz0Ddn[/IMG]

[IMG]hxxps://ibb.co/n8qqPS[/IMG]

As described - small space in front of a car park, separated from any signage by walls.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,624
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    That doesn't show the whole car park?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • moneybee94
    That small area is where the car in question was parked - the only signs were way behind that wall and the that's the road on the left of the first photo.

Any thoughts?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport