PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Basket obsession. A confession.

Comments

• InfamyInfamy
    InfamyInfamy Posts: 1,727 Forumite
    NualaBuala wrote: »
    I love baskets too - I've always wanted a "proper" shopping basket but I don't know where to get one. And cloth bags are more practical for stuffing in pockets or my handbag I suppose. But baskets look so nice!

Car boots sales have always been a good source for me.....or ask for one on Freecycle!
    :j
    Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!
    :hello:
  • lora
    lora Posts: 148 Forumite
    Thought it was only me who loves baskets. I like picnic hampers, shopping baskets,log baskets, any kind of basket-that's me.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Do dog-baskets count? I like those, as long as there's a dog to go with them.:o

I have wicker waste baskets (polythene lined) in the bedrom and the bathroom, and I think they look nice with the pine stuff that's also in those rooms.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • taurusgb
    taurusgb Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    My name is Lynda and I have a basket fetish..................;)

http://www.greatbritishbaskets.co.uk/subprod/shopping-baskets-0001748.aspx
    People Say that life's the thing - but I prefer reading ;)
    The difference between a misfortune and a calamity is this: If Gladstone fell jnto the Thames it would be a misfortune. But if someone dragged him out again, that would be a calamity - Benjamin Disreali
  • NualaBuala
    NualaBuala Posts: 2,507 Forumite
    Car boots sales have always been a good source for me.....or ask for one on Freecycle!
    :j
    Great idea - though who would be mad enough to get rid of one?!
    taurusgb wrote: »

Oh, they're lovely! I want them!
    Trying to spend less time on MSE so I can get more done ... it's not going great so far! :)
    Sorry if I don't reply to posts - I'm having MAJOR trouble keeping up these days!

Frugal Living Challenge 2011

Sealed Pot #671 :A DFW Nerd #1185
  • InfamyInfamy
    InfamyInfamy Posts: 1,727 Forumite
    taurusgb wrote: »

God! Those baskets on that link are GORGEOUS!!!!
    My name is Penny-Sue and I have a basket fetish.......Hello Lynda!
    Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!
    :hello:
  • taurusgb
    God! Those baskets on that link are GORGEOUS!!!!
    My name is Penny-Sue and I have a basket fetish.......Hello Lynda!

Hello Penny-Sue ... it's so nice to meet another sufferer, and It is nice to know I am not alone.

I have baskets on top of the fridge for shopping trips and storage. Baskets on top of, and piled down the side of the kitchen dresser. I have them full of cross stitching projects completed, projects half completed, projects unstarted and full of cross stitch fabrics for future projects. I have them on top of bookshelves with candles in. Under the TV cabinet with magazines, newspapers and user manuals in. I keep my underware in one, my socks in another, and my jumpers in a third and have a myriad of small baskets on top of the bedroom bookshelves with "stuff" in......oh yes - and I collect books too...3,000 plus at the last count.:eek:
    The difference between a misfortune and a calamity is this: If Gladstone fell jnto the Thames it would be a misfortune. But if someone dragged him out again, that would be a calamity - Benjamin Disreali
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I have 12 wicker baskets ranging from small to large and in all shapes. They are on top of my kitchen wall units and I use them for storage, they also look wonderful
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 23 October 2009 at 5:02PM
    does anyone remember the gondola baskets? Ooooh how I envied the girls at my school who chose home economics and who got to bring these to school for their cookery lessons

oh they are on that site. My baskets were all more expensive but were hand made in the uk and I got them all over the place. My first one was about £40 from a stand at a country show in 1974. It is still just as gorgeous to look at and handle
  • taurusgb
    kittie wrote: »
    I have 12 wicker baskets ranging from small to large and in all shapes. They are on top of my kitchen wall units and I use them for storage, they also look wonderful

Oh gosh ! I completely forgot about the old wicker lidded picnic baskets on top of the kitchen wall cupboards....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure