Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Old Git
    • By Old Git 18th Oct 08, 8:18 PM
    • 4,420Posts
    • 3,872Thanks
    Old Git
    dla rates
    • 18th Oct 08, 8:18 PM
    dla rates 18th Oct 08 at 8:18 PM
    my mum has been getting dla for years .She was intitled to a motorabilty car .Last year she gave up the car due to my dad dying (he was the driver )
    So her dla is now calulated at around £130 per month .But I think to get motability she would have been on a higher rate DLA .
    does this sound right .
    She really has no idea what she was getting before as dad took care off all that.I do know she had to give up some off her dla to receive the car
    Last edited by Old Git; 18-10-2008 at 8:21 PM.
Page 1
    • doelani
    • By doelani 18th Oct 08, 8:25 PM
    • 2,555 Posts
    • 5,412 Thanks
    doelani
    • 18th Oct 08, 8:25 PM
    • 18th Oct 08, 8:25 PM
    our right you have to get high rate mobility to be entitled to car, it is currently about 46 a week. She should really ring the DLA and ask about it.
    TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb
    • soolin
    • By soolin 19th Oct 08, 8:39 AM
    • 62,717 Posts
    • 45,136 Thanks
    soolin
    • 19th Oct 08, 8:39 AM
    • 19th Oct 08, 8:39 AM
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email abuse@moneysavingexpert.com.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • colin13
    • By colin13 19th Oct 08, 8:45 AM
    • 986 Posts
    • 439 Thanks
    colin13
    • 19th Oct 08, 8:45 AM
    • 19th Oct 08, 8:45 AM
    the hi rate mobility is 46.75 so tht times 4 is more than ur 130,,get in contact with DLA and ask them wot is happening
  • mcspanna
    • 19th Oct 08, 9:23 AM
    • 19th Oct 08, 9:23 AM
    Hi Old Git,

This is the number you need, the information below comes from here

Once you have made your claim, you can get advice on Disability Living Allowance from the Disability Living Allowance helpline who should have access to your records.
    Telephone: 08457 123 456
    Textphone: 08457 22 44 33
    The helpline is open 7.30 am to 6.30 pm Monday to Friday.
    Email: DCPU.Customer-Services@dwp.gsi.gov.uk
    You can also use the RNID Typetalk service.
    Last edited by mcspanna; 19-10-2008 at 9:26 AM. Reason: sort out quote
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

101Posts Today

1,657Users online

Martin's Twitter