Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mouseymousey99
    • By mouseymousey99 16th Oct 08, 7:33 PM
    • 1,829Posts
    • 2,870Thanks
    mouseymousey99
    London Congestion Charge
    • 16th Oct 08, 7:33 PM
    London Congestion Charge 16th Oct 08 at 7:33 PM
    Just to say if you apply to the London congestion people (I'll find the link later) you pay a one off 10 admin fee. They register your car and you don't pay the congestion charge. (You need DLA blue badge obviously).

Also if you plan day out (Museums etc) its worth checking their websites as many have small carparks you can use if you book ahead.
Page 2
    • Ames
    • By Ames 21st Oct 08, 1:17 PM
    • 17,728 Posts
    • 31,354 Thanks
    Ames
    Just to confuse the matter more, you don't have to get HRM DLA, you can get one through other means (I got one after the ss sent me to a physiotherapist for a report).
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • Van1971
    Just to confuse the matter more, you don't have to get HRM DLA, you can get one through other means (I got one after the ss sent me to a physiotherapist for a report).
    Originally posted by Ames
    True. I am still trying to get it for my son, who is on lower mobility yet won't walk.
    • keefyboy
    • By keefyboy 21st Oct 08, 10:53 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    keefyboy
    Just a little quikkie, if you are travelling into London with a Blue Badge, normally you can park on Double Yellow lines subject to other restrictions, you MUST NOT park on double Red lines, you will get clamped and towed away within 1 hour.

Keith
    The Looney of Loughborough..
  • Lindy-Lou
    To qualify for a BB I think is either deaf and blind or blind - have to check that one out carefully but I know as a carer for a blind person he has the badge.
    If you are a BB holder you can apply to TFL for exemption from the congestion charge and cover 2 vehicles (they require reg nos but these can be changed).
    Hope this helps

Lindylou
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,833Posts Today

7,369Users online

Martin's Twitter