Dealing with debts and next of kin.

Options
123457»

Comments

• Yorkshireman99
    Options
    Correct! The only way to deal with bullies is to stand up to them. It is basic psychology that bullies are essentially cowards. Of course you need to be careful but don't have any qualms about involving the police if need be.
  • jay213
    jay213 Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm back to being harassed by my brother. I've already gave everyone most of their money, but kept back apart that would enable me to deal with debts. I put the s27 ad in the newspaper and so far no companies have contacted us. My brother has asked and now he thinks we don't have to pay anything, but I'm like I need to check the debts that we have received since mums passing.

As before, he don't want to hear none of it. He has threatened to attack me, stab me and smash up my car if I don't sort the rest of his money by the end of the week. Mainly he was on about beating me up and how he don't like me, etc.. and tehn going on about it's everybody's fault accept his that mum died...and how he's going to take his pain out of us lot.

I'm really confused about going to the police because my brother is not bothered by them and it will probably make him come after me worse/more. Plus, like I've mentioned before he would cover his tracks and is basically a smart career criminal, his reputation is of being a gangster and having people scared of him, that is his life, he's never really worked. So the problem is he does not have nothing to lose. He also knows alot of dodgy people, before I gave everybody a share before keeping some back he was threatening to have me kidnapped or having someone rob me.

I know this is not the best place to post, but because I've got a lot of details here already I thought I'll continue it here. Is there another board to get back advice on this sort of thing?

I have a sister that's 17, and as a way so he don't look like the complete bad guy he's going on about I better give her money too. I had already said I will give her a little bit and then the rest when she is 18 in about 6 months time.
  • Yorkshireman99
    Yorkshireman99 Posts: 5,470 Forumite
    edited 24 September 2017 at 6:55PM
    Options
    Sorry to be blunt but the only way you are going to resolve this is to go to the police.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure